Steve McClaren

BBG83

He's looking doomed at Newcastle. We're looking doomed.

What are the chances of a return? Who would want him? and who else can guarantee Mel that we'll return to the effin 'Derby Way'?.

Could all swallow their pride? Is Mel actually waiting to see what happens with McClaren?.

Obviously damage is done but it may be the only win-win for both.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. He would not even want to come back. 

I could not imagine any decent manager wanting to join us at this point. According to an informal financial forecast done by @CornwallRam, no new manager (if there's ever one) has any money to spend, given how much we've spent in the last two trnasfer windows, and.on the assumption that we stay down (indeed, he predict an embargo in Jan 2017). So would Pearson want to come? Would McClaren? And Rowett, Rodgers, Moyes?

Just ask yourself if George Thorne or Tom Ince would want to join DCFC at the current state of affairs -- say if they turn back the clock and could make their career choices again. The answer is simply no.

All true. But if we could go back would we have signed either of them?.

Definitely not with Ince and arguably Thorne hasn't been in form since pre Wembley.

Anyway......

McClaren. Would he not be inheriting a better squad than before? We've hardly let go anyone who worked under him before.

We deserve an embargo. 

But lets get one thing straight, QPR, Man City, Man United and countless other teams have stuck two fingers up at it and still no embargo!?!?!. I'd accept an embargo but its just flat out annoying when other clubs just simply go unpunished. 

We've missed our chance if we don't go up this season its as simple as that. 

4 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

We deserve an embargo. 

But lets get one thing straight, QPR, Man City, Man United and countless other teams have stuck two fingers up at it and still no embargo!?!?!. I'd accept an embargo but its just flat out annoying when other clubs just simply go unpunished. 

We've missed our chance if we don't go up this season its as simple as that. 

Why do we deserve an embargo ? Surely we deserve one if we've broken any rules ! If not we don't deserve one ! 

17 minutes ago, HKRam said:

I could not imagine any decent manager wanting to join us at this point. According to an informal financial forecast done by @CornwallRam, no new manager (if there's ever one) has any money to spend, given how much we've spent in the last two trnasfer windows, and.on the assumption that we stay down (indeed, he predict an embargo in Jan 2017). So would Pearson want to come? Would McClaren? And Rowett, Rodgers, Moyes?

Just ask yourself if George Thorne or Tom Ince would want to join DCFC at the current state of affairs -- say if they turn back the clock and could make their career choices again. The answer is simply no.

Most managers looking for a job in the championship would drool at the chance of having our squad. We don't need signings we need a manager that can get the best out of the squad we have. On paper our team is one of if not the best in the championship, and I believe a good manager would prove that.

18 minutes ago, HKRam said:

What? We're 5th in the league and comfortably within the playoff positions. Most managers would love a strong squad like ours as proven by the apparent 20 or so job inquiries (including those currently in work) since Clement left the job.

Just now, deanoakaram4life said:

Can't you remember the dross last year? Keogh was playing at rb and Forsyth was at CB!!! Don't want him anywhere near us, what we need is a tough manger who will lead (not encourage) the team! 

That was kind of forced on him with all the injuries. 

Pearson went back to Leicester for a second stint and seemed to do alright. My only concern with having him back would be just how farcical those last few months were. It really exposed some of his weaknesses on and off the pitch. I can imagine some of the players wouldn't be as enthusiastic to play under him the second time round either after the way everything played out.

Knew I'd see a topic like this soon with the growing pressure he's facing at Newcastle.

You can't go back, especially not so soon after he's left us. I don't think any players would respect him after he left to go to Newcastle, failed and then returns. Think how the players would feel after the whole situation last time. Would truly be a disaster!

Archived