Clement gone.

Rev

Ahhh, hate to go against the grain guys but I'm delighted with this!

Regardless of the relegation form throughout 2016 so far, we've abandoned everything that made this team great over the last 2 years. Part of the plan was to build on the strengths of the previous 2 seasons - this hasn't happened. 

We have a huge squad of players that are absolutely top class at this level that are massively underperforming and clearly unhappy. 

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He signed those two wastes of space that is for sure and if he didn't then he should have been strong enough to say he didn't want them, either way it's his fault that we have paid all that money for a striker who can't score goals. 

Thank fook someone agrees with me that those 2 clowns in january are wastes of space 

TBH we won't know whether this is a good or bad decision until we see how the team plays for the remainder of the season.

We have had good players but a poor team for weeks now. A fresh start might be what we need. It's tough on Clement but not like a steelworker worrying about his family He will find a better fit for his skills elsewhere and I wish him well.

However, all eyes are on the team now....

2 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Looking at the statements Mel has covered himself pretty well. 

He's made a business decision and sacked Clement based on the how we're playing and not results. 

Earlier in the season he only stated that he wouldn't sack Paul if we didn't get promoted. 

It looks like the club are 100% set on playing in a certain way so o can see why they've decided to get rid and why they've appointed Darren. 

However based on this id be shocked if Moyes was appointed at th end of the season as he's not known for entertaining football either. 

Mel appointment him in the first instance, and how now choose to appoint someone with no managerial experience, I wouldn't say that's covering himself at all.

It was a strange appointment in the first instance, but to the sack him so soon, to me is not the Derby way.  MM is chairman, he has put the money in, and he has every right to hire and sack as he so pleases, but for the first time I wonder if he does want a bigger involvement in team selection, hence why picking a safe selection on wasall.

Thought they would have at least have gave him till MK Dons, a big win against them maybe have restored some confidence. 

Main point I'm shocked about is give Wassal rest if the season. Surely that is us giving up on this season. A good manager could turn it around after all we have a squad that with some guidance(massive kick up the arse or a certain manager living in ilkeston could throttle a few) and we would still be able to challenge for top two. 

Massive pressure on Wassal so not really fair on him. Guess it may explain a bit of Des Walker coming in.

I come from the school of thought that says give a man a fair crack of the whip. Loyalty counts, go back to your favourite place they will reward your continued custom etc etc .. But I am not a man who has invested 100 million pounds in my business that is now essentially debt free and knocking on the door of spondoolics land. This must have been a very tough decision for Mr Morris. I suspect something has happened on the personal relationship level. Bottom line is we had a slow start followed by a purple patch and then back to where we were at the start of the season despite an injection of £ 15 million in players. The bad run wasn't just in points won or lost it was also personified by a lack of attacking ambition and desire that the players ought to have. So much as I loath to see precipitous decisions perhaps it might bring an injection passion which has been sadly lacking. 

Just get it done now already and make Will Hughes player manager...

Don't want BS or fluff answers. Want to know exactly why he has been sacked. Because our season has actually been very good. We had a two week blip and despite not winning the last two games we looked to be heading back to winning ways with few goals conceded. Mel and Sam said we didn't have to get promoted this season. We are still in contention for automatics and the play offs. 

Just now, wixman1884 said:

Ahhh, hate to go against the grain guys but I'm delighted with this!

Regardless of the relegation form throughout 2016 so far, we've abandoned everything that made this team great over the last 2 years. Part of the plan was to build on the strengths of the previous 2 seasons - this hasn't happened. 

We have a huge squad of players that are absolutely top class at this level that are massively underperforming and clearly unhappy. 

Agreed just look at when Mourinho was sacked at Chelski, Hiddink suddenly gets them on a 12 match unbeaten run. Patently obvious that the players werent playing for Mourinho so what's more feasible; sacking the entire team or sacking the manager, no brainer 

something must have happened in the dressing room obviously the players have been uncomfortable with the system being played so the players have won  hopefully a new manager will weed out the trouble makers and move on seems like a kneejerk reaction to me is this going to happen every time we try to strengthen the team same thing happened last year clement clearly made mistakes but sacking him does not solve the whole problem and i hope we dont live  to regret it after all sacking a manager when you are in a play off place seems bonkers and i think is pandering to player power

This is my guess.

Carlo Ancellotti calls and speaks with PC, I want you as my number 2 at the mighty Bayern Munich are ou up for it?

Simple answer really. 

Discovered he can't be a Head Coach and offered a way out at one of the top 3 clubs in Europe. 

Simple answer really. 

PC goes to see Mel and tells him of the telephone conversation, Mel sees a way out.

Simple answer really. 

The only disappointment for me is we have another Virgin manager coming in to take charge, wheels are off and probably staying off.

We need an experienced Manager, not Head Coach or whatever the new term is for a football manager.:o

6 minutes ago, ramexpat said:

Has Morris been talking to Cellini ,, crazy decision,, sack the head coach of a promotion chasing team and replace him with the Wassall until end of the season , No direct offense to Wassall but if this decision was based on us getting promoted we would have a experienced manager in the waiting to get us up ,,, season over    

yep, swapping the manager killed Watford and Norwich last season that is for sure.......

Archived