Clement gone.

Rev

Right decision IMO.

Football was going backwards and Clement didn't seem to have the answer.

Without wishing to speculate too much, one would expect that there must have been some disharmony within the dressing room, with certain players being in and out of the team and others seemingly undroppable. 

At the end of the day, every player is going to have ups and downs, but it is ultimately up to the manager to get the best out of his players and Clement failed to do that, with a number of our key players (Martin, Ince, Johnson spring to mind). I'm sure most would agree that if this team played to its potential, we would be nailed on for promotion.

I trust that Morris as a fan has whats best for the club at heart and as he is far more informed than any of us, has made the right decision.

Onwards and Upwards.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

yep, swapping the manager killed Watford and Norwich last season that is for sure.......

Watford didnt change manager until they were promoted ,, agree with Alex Neil but Wassall has no first team experience ,, Sherwood,  monk and you know you love a bit of Harry would at least give us intention, "Until the end of the season" says we have no intention of appointing Wassall full time no matter where we finish ,, IF Wassall gets us up which i hope he does we will still appoint sherwood, monk ect (prem experienced manager) anyway 

If Mel's being honest and he sacked him because we weren't playing "the Derby Way" then we can't have any complaints because pretty much everyone on here at one point or another has pointed out that the cautious approach was crap and we only played well twice all season.  I was happy for him to have more time provided he upped to tempo and got back to how we were the past two seasons but it appears he was too stubborn or not skilled enough to get back to the way most of us wanted him to play.  However I think there's a possibly a little bit more to it than that...

Hope Wassall can make a decent go of it and at least bring back a bit of forward momentum in games

It's always sad to see a manager sacked and I wish him luck in his next job but let's face it, it wasn't getting any better was it.

Now I'm no tactician, far far from it, I'm female as well so....but even I sat watching the football thinking 'wtf is wrong - somethings up, what is it? what formation are we playing? CRAB?'  We've got some decent players who just aren't performing and I feel that maybe Clement lost the dressing room a long time ago and the fact Wassall is coming in till the end of the season maybe shows that Mel has more confidence in the players than Clement. No disrespect to Wassall there either.  

As for us being an embarassment - don't you feel we were becoming that anyway?

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Mel appointment him in the first instance, and how now choose to appoint someone with no managerial experience, I wouldn't say that's covering himself at all.

It was a strange appointment in the first instance, but to the sack him so soon, to me is not the Derby way.  MM is chairman, he has put the money in, and he has every right to hire and sack as he so pleases, but for the first time I wonder if he does want a bigger involvement in team selection, hence why picking a safe selection on wasall.

But what most fans are saying is, 'Mel said he wouldn't sack him if we didn't get promoted', I've also re-quoted that before.

However the club hasn't sacked him based on that, they've sacked him for not fulfilling a brief that they all put together. Paul was also part of forming this philosophy and according to the club he is not playing by that philosophy now. So in a way MM is kind of covered himself for the initial appointment too as it suggests PC has changed.

I don't agree with the sacking, I thought PC was good for Derby and at least needed until the end of the season.

What the club are now doing IMO is giving the players freedom to turn this season around. Maybe we might see the offensive side come to the for front again but I think the defence is going to be a trade off for that!

Correct decision for me and can't believe people are slating MM. The guys invested millions. Yes, some of the signings seemed strange but just think back a few seasons to how we would get frustrated that hardly anything was being spent. IMHO I thought clement never looked confident in the role. Clearly a world class coach but not a manager. Pearson for me to rule with a bit of fear. Proven at this level and look at Leicester now

54 minutes ago, Rambling said:

MMMmmnn recall Wassel in charge v Ipswich just prior to Mac's start, Simmo down to tell him what to do and 4-4 it finished

More like the players were making a point about how Clough was treated in that first half - neven Ferguson couldn't have done anything about that.

22 minutes ago, admira said:

Saturdays line-up then:

Mitchell, Ssewankambo, Buxton, Koblenz, Macdonald; Hanson, Guy, Elsnik, Santos, Calero, Vernam

Wins 2-0 - Guy and Bucko

Just now, McLovin said:

Because I heard it from a reliable source. Go cry in your room a little because I can tell from the manner of your posts that you're seething that I was correct.

You misunderstand, anyone, literally anyone can say they knew something after the event, but with absolutely no evidence you knew anything in advance you can't claim anything.

Go cry in my room, massively juvenile response to quite reasonable doubts of your ITK status!

52 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We aren't getting Wassall till the end of the season, next few games but not till the end of the season.

You seem to have called this correctly at the weekend.

i thought you were just wumming but i'll pay more attention from now now on.

when owen bradley started asking those questions again i began to suspect that they knew something.

i hope PC comes out and spills the beans.

Archived