Clement gone.

Rev

Very surprised at the timing but something had to give

The 'team' had become a shambles

Things have not been right behind the scenes for some time

And it was obvious that the players had lost confidence in PC. It seems that now all the other senior figures at the club felt the same

In fairness to Mel, sometimes when you take the big role you have to make horrible big decisions if you believe that things have gone far enough. The easy option is to do nothing.

And to be fair we are nowhere near knowing the full story

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm not particularly chuffed about this (but far less angry than I was when NC was sacked) I'm not sure that it is necessary to start slagging MM and SR off as I think that they have been and will be amazing for this club in the long term. Everyone makes mistakes and, as I was endlessly told when we sacked NC and appointed SM, you can only tell if its a mistake or not in hindsight. If we go on a 10 game winning run everybody will argue that it is the right decision.. Only time will tell one way or the other.

Having said all that I'd have given him a lot more time.. Obvs if him and mel have had a punchup then it changes everything :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wassall will NOT be taking over for the rest of the season. He will back as the under 21 coach in the next few weeks. He is only coming in to provide the stability.

I've noticed you posting a few things as though they're a matter of fact. Is this just your style of posting or have you been hearing things?

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

You're such a bulls hit merchant, until a post a few pages back Brazil never mentioned a player revolt, just interference from above!

Apologies if it's not you posting this ********, maybe your nephews hacked your account again.

Go back and have a look. Was right about Mac too and Mick said that he is heard the same from decent sources. Don't cry.

7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He hasn't made any bloody signings

He signed those two wastes of space that is for sure and if he didn't then he should have been strong enough to say he didn't want them, either way it's his fault that we have paid all that money for a striker who can't score goals. 

Bearing in mind we are going with Wassall for the rest of the season, it would suggest that this goes beyond results.

However, when the club reflects on this I hope they think about why we have spent £12m on 4 left footed wide forwards to add to Russell after releasing Ward and Dawkins. Farcical  

Has Morris been talking to Cellini ,, crazy decision,, sack the head coach of a promotion chasing team and replace him with the Wassall until end of the season , No direct offense to Wassall but if this decision was based on us getting promoted we would have a experienced manager in the waiting to get us up ,,, season over    

32/33 matches into his first job. He lost 6. 

I thought we were boring to watch but I hate this idea that if a player isn't performing then you go out and buy a new one. If a coach isn't performing then you go out and get a new one. 

What a load of bullshat the Clement appointment was.

He was brought in as the man with the vision and philosophy to develop a Derby way. NOT to get promotion. That was said 3 or 4 times. Why bring in a rookie for instant results? 

Anybody new at a job will make mistakes. And it takes time to find what works and what doesn't. He's out there coaching and trying to develop human beings not statistics on football manager. He was given 30 matches to grow into the role and produce results. For a good chunk of those matches there was a working system and something to build on as we went a long time undefeated. When he faltered he wasn't given time to find his way. He was sacked. 

We sacked Mac who left winning more than half his games for this guy. Yes, we know about the collapse of last season but let's not dismiss the injuries as if they were nothing. 

But fair enough. We all swallowed the bull **** that came with Clement about the Derby Way, the academy players, the patience etc. 

You've got this scattergun transfer strategy, a team spirit not a patch on 2014, fans who boo a side that's STILL only a handful of points off top, fans abusing players on twitter and jeering them when they come off the bench, two managers sacked as if we have a right to be in the top 6...

Poison

Makes the appointment or Craig Short and Des Walker seem a bit more reasonable now if Wassall is going to have the job till the end of the season? Is he the right man for it? I'm not sure, he could well be, the under 21's are doing well and he's been at the club for a very long time now so is obviously highly thought of. Big step up mind you.

wouldnt particularly like to see Pearson here, he's a big time Charlie that always seem to draw bad press. Obviously depends what situation we're in come the end of the season - Moyes being at Craven Cottage could be a possibility, but would he be willing to take a newly promoted team if we were to get promoted, because he certainly wouldn't drop down.

interesting times...

Archived