Clement gone.

Rev

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He's great at that, but a single half with the senior squad proved that that is exactly where he should remain

Bloody hell, some folk think 30 games isn't enough. You think 45 minutes is enough.

Just now, RamNut said:

You seem to have called this correctly at the weekend.

i thought you were just wumming but i'll pay more attention from now now on.

when owen bradley started asking those questions again i began to suspect that they knew something.

i hope PC comes out and spills the beans.

I really doubt that Clement will say anything. They would have paid him to keep quiet. He is going to Bayern next season so we shouldn't feel too sorry for him.

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

If Clement, with his pedigree, only gets till February, how much chance Wassall would get, do you reckon? 

He got 45 minutes last time.

Mad to think that 6 games ago he was still doing a sterling job, albeit with a minor hiccup.  I can only point to Clement and Morris not seeing eye to eye.  I envisage Ancelotti will be on the phone getting Clement in for his next role, which may suit him better.    

None of us really know what has happened behind the scenes and although I was not calling for Clement to be sacked, I was not enjoying the football being played and could understand why people were not happy with him. People slating Mel and calling him a disgrace without knowing what has gone off need to calm down and see how things pan out. If we had continued to play as we have been and slid further down the table, those calling Mel now would be slagging him off for not doing something about it. Lets get behind the team on Saturday and try to urge them on for the rest of the season.

As per usual we have massive knee jerk reactions. The club is a shambles, the club is a disgrace, we are a laughing stock etc. Etc. No such thing. There has been something majorly wrong all season. The players have not been happy. Paul seemed lost on the touch line and Peacock was invisible as an assistant. Feel sorry personally for PC but something had to give. 

It seems pretty clear that the players could not or would not buy into Paul's vision, or lack of it. 

Sad for PC. I believe at first he thought he could do the job but, as time went on, he has slowly realised the job in question was100 times more difficult due to everyones expectations. Good  Luck to him wherever he goes. His confidence is going to be shot. We now need to focus on the last 16 odd games. We need to get behind the lads especially at home. No more booing players. A line has been drawn. The season starts from here now. Fifty points to play for. Its still in our hands. Lets start believing WE CAN STILL DO THIS. COYR

Although it's sad for PC I honestly think we were going backwards. You have to look at some of the decisions like at boro away. Team selections square pegs and all that. Is there a good time to get rid of the head coach....no but I want to see some fast flowing football, quick attacking style with a solid defence. Not struggling to get a point against Fulham / Preston / Reading etc and being entertained rather than fustrated. Good luck to PC he's a nice chap from what i've seen.

10 minutes ago, curb said:

If Mel Morris does read this forum he probably thinks the idiots on here are representative of the supporters who go to games.

not really. Only 14% of about 270 posters wanted Clement out, the rest would have given him 4 more games, with 55% giving him the season. So if he paid attention to it, he'd have left it.

With all this talk about Paul Clements inexperience don't forget Mel Morris is also inexperienced at running a football club (despite his business credentials) and may be he's having to learn a few hard lessons at this moment in time. 

54 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Well I did confirm that Alan Brazil was correct but got shot down. People on here don't appreciate it when TRUE information is given out.

If alan brazil was correct then we really are in the shiit.

The majority wanted him gone & he's gone, whats the problem? Now he's gone everyones changed their mind

he comes across a nice honest genuine bloke & i think for that reason we all wanted him to suceed but something wasnt right couldnt keep him in based on him being a nice bloke 

on the face of it he could have been given longer but none of us are on the inside knowing the ins and outs 

Archived