Clement gone.

Rev

Disappointed must admit, felt he had the makings, would have at least left it until the end of the season.

Mel Morris however good he has been for Derby doesnt get into his position and wealth without being ruthless, those are the difficult decisions that have to be made. Just hope we dont turn into a club that sacks managers just because of a bad run...look how thats turned out for the shower down the road.

Not convinced with Wassall, hope he proves me wrong, but this message to me sort of smacks of 'writing this season off' , we arent going down or anything stupid so if we miss the play offs then so be it, but does sort of feel like we have given up which is odd considering the position we are in the league.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be more to it than performances and results after what MM said at the start of the season.. If not, then we are gojng to have about 5 managers a season and no stability at all.. However, nothing suprises me anymore about dcfc. We aren't the club we think we are or hope to be sometimes. 

Pathetic decision. We were on a bad run but he'd got us to the top of the league. He deserved til the end of the season at least and assess where we are then.

Unless he's wanted to go which in that case it's the right decision, but he's worked hard to reach the top job so I doubt PC would let it go that easily.

Slowly starting to change my opinion on MM if anything, it's only his investment which has tainted things. Poor recruitment which is not all PC's fault, it's obvious players were brought in early on that PC ultimately did not rate. The desperation for promotion has resulted in throwing money blindly into the wind hoping some of it flies forward and knee-jerk reactions. On top of that it seems he also wants the fame that comes with it.

I still appreciate what he's done/doing for the club but at this moment in time I'm not overly impressed with Mr Morris.

Pathetic. Absolute disgrace, especially when we were told he'd be safe regardless. 

We've overspent, upset the changing room balance, piled the pressure in a rookie manager with huge potential, and now we have become a laughing stock instead of giving the club time to settle. Hope PC gets another job soon and shows us up. 

As for the club itself, I'm never gonna believe a word coming from "our Mel's" mouth again. Barmy. 

Compared to 12 months ago? Club in ruins. 

I know it's tough and gut wrenching but I think this has to happen. PC hasn't worked out. The lineup selection (apart from Bryson in) at Fulham showed real desperation. You can't have Johnson Ince bent Blackman and Butterfield all on the bench and have players like weimann and Baird out there. He's not infused a single youth player into the team and we aren't playing Derby football.  The performances had become so dire and negative that we all were losing interest in watching. I wasn't even optmistic about beating MK Dons. We now have a chance to set the ship straight reinvigorate the players and fix things quickly. I trust mel and Sam have Rodgers or Moyes or a high quality replacement lined up - a quality replacement. And perhaps now that person can at least pick the correct captain!! 

Shocked. 

But reading the statement it wouldn't surprise me if they went for Brendan Rodgers. 

Results don't seem to be the overall factor.

The style of play is not what most of us like to watch, and this has been getting the biggest criticism and it seems to be this yard stick he has been weighed and measured and found wanting against. 

For a flowing passing attacking style of play to be built, for me, Rodgers fits the bill. 

BREAKING: Darren Wassall will take charge of #DCFC until the end of the 2015/16 season:

As the season is now over anyway - make of it what you will

p.s i hope im wrong

Well I can only say to all Derby Forum fans I DID TELL YOU HE WILL BE DIMISSED SOONbut nobody believed me. Clement job was over the moment Mel Morris entered the home dressing room after the Reading game. WHAT NEXT I ASK, we are fast becoming a laughing stock.

Archived