Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

17 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Just imagine if we hammer brum today and Mel goes into the dressing room with a massive smile on his face and tells the team how brilliant they were.

Would Nixon report it? Would there be 42 pages on here about it? It's time to drop this now.

This is my last post on it, but that's not the same thing.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clement said the players had been nervous.  They have no business being nervous, they are there to do a job and if some feel they are not up to it then arrangements can be made.  It still sounds like the prevailing problem within the club is lack of mental strength.   Most are boys and so need to be kept on their toes at all times and set clear boundaries.

Playing bad cop, worse cop is psychologically sound.  If i owned DCFC, i would expect maximum focus and effort at all times or there would be uncomfortable consequences.  Give em hell Mel has it in for slackers.  Good.

I've got visions of MM in the dressing room with a 14 pounder trashing the place.

I honestly don't know what to post, I never saw this result coming. 

Edit Just seen Hull's goals on SSN, and I know it's only Charlton but bloody hell, the way they knocked it about made me a little envious, we used to be like that but it seems that kind of play is frowned upon now. :(

Mel Morris should not be in the dressing room.  Ranting, praising or anything else. he's the owner and can make all the decisions and get all the praise for the money hes spent on our club.   but stay out of the dressing room mel, and no it didnt exactly work today did it?

44 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Mel Morris should not be in the dressing room.  Ranting, praising or anything else. he's the owner and can make all the decisions and get all the praise for the money hes spent on our club.   but stay out of the dressing room mel, and no it didnt exactly work today did it?

Said exactly this to my brother

And saw the results today

I think it worked to a degree.

First half, the desire and workrate was much better and they seemed to know their roles.

We had 7 efforts on goal to their 1. if we had scored first, I think the result would have been different.

Second half obviously they came out, had a go, and scored for the corner, then our heads dropped.

Time to swap the wide players if you ask me. The front players are not doing it at the moment.

On 1/14/2016 at 21:42, Will Hughes Hair said:

If only I was allowed to give you two likes.

Mind you, I think Eddie's effort at parable 4 needs a bit of work.

Parable 5

After the terrible events that happened on Saturday .

Mel took all his players walking (but did not take his dog) they ended up in a strange land called notts .Here they came upon a strange tribe from a band of tree followers totaling 5000.Upon seeing Mel they approached him calling him "master" as there own master was known to be an evil,incompetent arab .Mel saw this and understood the tree followers totaling 5000 were hungry."this is a remote place let us feed these people" said Mel but we only have 5 loaves and 3 fish said Jake and these are low  simple people of notts who only eat kebabs and drink sunny delight .But Mel and his players fed the 5000  low people of notts with the 5 loaves and 2 fish. they all ate and were satisfied .

After Mel walked across a river known  as the trent but his players lacked belief in them selves and did not have the faith that Mel possessed so did not follow.

12 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I think it worked to a degree.

First half, the desire and workrate was much better and they seemed to know their roles.

We had 7 efforts on goal to their 1. if we had scored first, I think the result would have been different.

Second half obviously they came out, had a go, and scored for the corner, then our heads dropped.

Time to swap the wide players if you ask me. The front players are not doing it at the moment.

1-3?

12 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

In hindsight they should have picked him up and stuck him under the cold shower.

Then sent him on his way dripping wet.

20 hours ago, ramit said:

Clement said the players had been nervous.  They have no business being nervous, they are there to do a job and if some feel they are not up to it then arrangements can be made.  It still sounds like the prevailing problem within the club is lack of mental strength.  

I wonder if you've played any competitive sport? At all levels, confidence, doubt, nervousness has a massive impact as to how you perform, confidence and self belief can probably add 10-205 yo you performance whereas doubt and a lack of self confidence does the opposite. At the moment it looks loke this is a critical factor and a spiral that is difficult to correct as we found last year at the end of the season.

Vocal support from the crowd can play a part but PC and his coaching team must play the biggest paert in re-instilling the belief that seems to have disappeared.

Archived