Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rynny said:

Wouldn't the best comparison we could make the next game? If we win big today would that suggest that it had the desired effect?

What is expected of Mel? For me, I expect him to run the football club to be successful and viable. How is that achieved? I don't bloody know, I just hope Mel does. And because I don't know I am just gonna sit here and see how we perform after he has entered the dressing room to see if it was the right decision or not. The first part of the judgement has been passed with Clement and Grant's interview.

That would be assuming that there are no other factors involved in today's game, when of course there are.

Fingers crossed for the win.

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

That would be assuming that there are no other factors involved in today's game, when of course there are.

Fingers crossed for the win.

But if it has had as big as a negative effect on the players that has been made out then I would assume that we would under perform again and defeat was inevitable.

When all is said and done, you have made your mind up that this was a bad thing and nothing is going to change your mind. We all (well most) want the same thing, Derby promoted, we all have different ideas of how that is going to happen, the owner and chairman has the final say on everything and I just hope his decisions are correct, we will have to wait and see.

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

But if it has had as big as a negative effect on the players that has been made out then I would assume that we would under perform again and defeat was inevitable.

When all is said and done, you have made your mind up that this was a bad thing and nothing is going to change your mind. We all (well most) want the same thing, Derby promoted, we all have different ideas of how that is going to happen, the owner and chairman has the final say on everything and I just hope his decisions are correct, we will have to wait and see.

I'm hoping in isolation, it won't have a great effect, and that he'll have learnt a lesson.

20 minutes ago, bcnram said:

A lesson about what? You have no idea what was said. 

It was said that Bob Loblaw poster on the DCFC FANS forum is a strange and have no idea at all. ;) 

11 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Doesn't it remain to be seen whether it was a distraction though ? You type as though it is fact whereas it's only your opinion.

Wonder if a poll of members thoughts on this would be an idea.

It was deemed enough of a something for Clement to address it before answering Birmingham questions. And someone in there has clearly leaked something to Nixon. 

A poll would be a good idea to see where our members are at.

16 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

A lesson about distracting from the job at hand. The specifics of what was said are irrelevant.

The only people I've seen that have been distracted are on this forum. Up to now the people that could have been distracted either haven't said anything, or have come out and said that there is no problem.

5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The only people I've seen that have been distracted are on this forum. Up to now the people that could have been distracted either haven't said anything, or have come out and said that there is no problem.

As I said before, Clement felt it enough of an issue that he addressed it before his Birmingham press conference.

I haven't actually heard Grant's (?) but what do you expect him to say in public? If he came out and said he wasn't happy with it, there would be meltdown. He doesn't want that

11 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

As I said before, Clement felt it enough of an issue that he addressed it before his Birmingham press conference.

I haven't actually heard Grant's (?) but what do you expect him to say in public? If he came out and said he wasn't happy with it, there would be meltdown. He doesn't want that

I can see your point, no smoke without fire and all that, the chairman shouldn't be going into the changing room, what else could they say etc., but it really is possible that there is no issue, and apart from 2 points out of 9 and a sh*te performance against Reading, that the club as a whole is together and doing everything it can to get back on track.

Let's get behind the team, cheer them on, help them through this tough patch and hopefully have enough points at the end of the season to finish in the top 2. If it's the playoffs then carry on for another 3 games. At the end of the day **** stirring, whether with good reason or not, will only make things worse. Let's put this episode behind us. Surely 40 odd pages is enough!

58 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

A lesson about distracting from the job at hand. The specifics of what was said are irrelevant.

As I said, you have no idea what was said by Mel Morris, if anything at all was said to the players by him. They are all in the same team from top to bottom, so long as the chairman is not trying to influence team selection (and believe me he is not that daft), then I cannot see what the issue is.

40 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He was addressing the nonsense in the press, rather than that his superior at work went into the changing room after a match.

Archived