Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

14 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I've never booed the team or abused the players, and I would hardly call it slagging off Mel. But your grouping my issue with the typical hysteria leads me to ask what I asked Eddie, can any concerns be legitimate?

So you think it's wrong for people to boo the team or abuse the players? Surely the people who do have every right to, because they love the club.

Yet you're happy to tell the owner of the club where he can go after the game, in his stadium, and tell him who he can talk to.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, curb said:

So you think it's wrong for people to boo the team or abuse the players? Surely the people who do have every right to, because they love the club.

Yet you're happy to tell the owner of the club where he can go after the game, in his stadium, and tell him who he can talk to.

I think it's wrong, but they have every right to do it. Those aren't conflicting opinions.   

Much ado about nothing on this thread so, Mel: please go in the dressing room regularly! Remind them how to play the Derby Way. We want to see good attacking football on the floor and built with a solid defence! COYR!

And thank you for caring ! Now bring on Brummie! 

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been confirmed from other sources that he was in the dressing room and not happy? 

It doesn't matter if he was 'ranting and raving' or whatever, I don't think he should be there at all.

There is no problem at all with him going in there. They are all on the same team, if Derby had won 6 - 0 and he popped into the changing room to say "well done lads", nobody would have batted an eyelid, even if Nixon had reported it in his normal skewed way.

2 minutes ago, bcnram said:

There is no problem at all with him going in there. They are all on the same team, if Derby had won 6 - 0 and he popped into the changing room to say "well done lads", nobody would have batted an eyelid, even if Nixon had reported it in his normal skewed way.

Mel is the boss if we under perform in our work then the boss would have a go at us so well done Mel

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Are no concerns genuine Eddie? 

Be concerned by all means. What we have seen from a lot of posters is bordering on hysterical.

latest?cb=20130328215316

18 minutes ago, bcnram said:

While less problematic, I'd rather he didn't do that either. What purpose is he serving? He picked his man, trust him.

18 minutes ago, eddie said:

Be concerned by all means. What we have seen from a lot of posters is bordering on hysterical.

latest?cb=20130328215316

I just think it's important to distinguish between genuine issues and hysteria. Meddling owners and two Chrissy Martins.

And obviously people can think that this isn't an issue, but they should explain why rather than just suggesting I spend £120 million to earn an opinion.

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I just think it's important to distinguish between genuine issues and hysteria. Meddling owners and two Chrissy Martins.

And obviously people can think that this isn't an issue, but they should explain why rather than just suggesting I spend £120 million to earn an opinion.

I tend not to work in extremes. I don't know Mel Morris personally - the only football club chairman I knew on a personal level was George Hardy (and that worked out well, didn't it?) No idea if the picture that has been painted by some (i.e. a control freak) is true - equally I don't know whether his enthusiasm and exuberance just blinded him momentarily to the line that he has crossed.

Moderation in all things is my motto - for instance, take the reduction in the recommended maximum intake of alcohol we were told about only last week. I'm going to do my damnedest, more often than not, to keep within those proscribed 14 units per day.

2 hours ago, curb said:

And what's it got to do with you whether he goes in or not?

maybe you ought to cough up £120 million then you can run the club your way  

I would like to think that people being rich should not mean that other people are not allowed opinions about how they act.

1 hour ago, cymru said:

Mel is the boss if we under perform in our work then the boss would have a go at us so well done Mel

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Much ado about nothing on this thread so, Mel: please go in the dressing room regularly! Remind them how to play the Derby Way. We want to see good attacking football on the floor and built with a solid defence! COYR!

And thank you for caring ! Now bring on Brummie! 

Clement is their boss. 

Mel is Clement's boss. 

The players work for Clement everyday. Like I said, he knows ALL about them. The reasons for them playing well or not so well. 

IF it was Fawaz or Cellino people would be calling it interfering. Asking why Dougie can't inspire the players himself.

All coaches will consider players as 'my players'. As in you feel responsible for them. And all players that play regularly will be buying into the coaching team ideas

If they're not then there needs to be sales or sackings. But they will be, because they're playing and winning. 

It's up to Clement to have them playing the "Derby Way". 

If you employ a manager to deal with staff and the staff aren't performing then what do you do? You speak to the manager. Otherwise you might as well sack him and manage them yourself.

It's not a major deal. I think Mel let his heart rule his head. But it's still not right to have chairman meddling. And if he hadn't spent money or if he was at another club then nobody would be saying it's ok

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would like to think that people being rich should not mean that other people are not allowed opinions about how they act.

It's not about him being rich, it's about him owning the club, hence if he bought the club he could run it how he wants.

The other side of the coin is that just because he's in the public eye (because he's rich) people think they can criticise him and tell him what to do all they want.

How would you feel if someone came up to you and told you where you could go in your house and who you could talk to?

1 minute ago, curb said:

It's not about him being rich, it's about him owning the club, hence if he bought the club he could run it how he wants.

The other side of the coin is that just because he's in the public eye (because he's rich) people think they can criticise him and tell him what to do all they want.

How would you feel if someone came up to you and told you where you could go in your house and who you could talk to?

In his own words, he's not the owner merely the custodian. 

'Think of me as just another season ticket holder, albeit with a more expensive seat', is a line I remember from an early interview.

Maybe we should draw a ST holder every week to enter the dressing room and give feedback immediately after games?

Archived