Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

it's interesting reading some of the opinions, and support for Mel entering the dressing room in this thread.

Can you do a spreadsheet of opinions - or maybe a venn diagram, as I can't remember & don't want to read 48 pages?.

Many thanks.

On 13 January 2016 at 21:17, RamNut said:

That would explain why PC's demeanor changed prior to the Radio Derby interview.

On 13 January 2016 at 21:36, RamNut said:

If true, what happened to Mel's 'i'm more philosophical now' 

On 14 January 2016 at 22:00, RamNut said:

A few words in the dressing room..........correct

owner not happy..........correct

Trip cancelled..............correct or least decided not to go.

all in all, Nixon got plenty right.

On 15 January 2016 at 06:23, RamNut said:

I've no idea what Mel said at Moor Farm etc, but he seems to be a bit of a control freak into everything. He is up front not back of house. He clearly enjoys giving interviews and hosting forums, and he is well intentioned. But at times the obsession; the Derby way; the video-this-video-that mentality goes too far and becomes suffocating.

Let managers manage. 

Keep out of the dressing room.

It was a poor performance but we've seen much worse.

And it was still a point. 

Next.

On 17 January 2016 at 09:41, RamNut said:

In hindsight they should have picked him up and stuck him under the cold shower.

Then sent him on his way dripping wet.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

it's interesting reading some of the opinions, and support for Mel entering the dressing room in this thread.

People never want to believe bad. Initially consensus was not true. Then he spoke to them. Then you guys reported back he had ranted and he did cancel trip and advise them of cancellation in dressing room (hopefully that is what you reported back.....) 

we all want the boss, top man to be making correct decisions. A lot hoped Mel was correct to vent in dressing room.

simply...he was wrong to do so on many levels.

it did however, set the scen for how he will run the club, hence was not a surprise DW got the job until the end of the season. That said....lose the next two and DW will not be our manager at the end of the season. 

It is crystal clear DW would not have beaten other candidates in a fair, considered, unbiased selection based interview process. As clear as day. 

it is absurd that DW would have been chosen out of a selection pool. I would have gone for an interim appointment....but ran a process to select the BEST available. 

Regarding the dressing room incident......if you asked Derby fans if it was rit thing to do, more will say yes, than if you asked supporters of other teams.  It is not the done thing for a very very good reason. Not least of all top managers will not tolerate it......hence we have the coach/manager we have. 

I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect club chairperson. Unless you support a wealthy, money in the bank, premier league trophy winning side that has players queuing at the door to join your club.

so .. You know what .. i am delighted that MM is our chairman for all his supposed foibles. Yes we are at sixes and sevens at the moment and he probably does get a bit involved in some things that are better left to football people but so what, at least he cares about the club and has put money where his mouth is  ! We are in the top half of our league, we have won some games and there is hope for the future that things will improve. It is hope and ambition that fuel a good club and we have both. 

Fans are just as bad at micro managing as any interfering chairman. At least ours has given us a stable club and we are not a financial basket case like so many wannabe clubs are these days. 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Didn't realize there were many,  A couple of days ago a poster said the club belongs to the fans, for without them there would be no club and he got instantly corrected.  So Mel owns the club, it is entirely his business how he chooses to run it and our opinions carry no weight unless it suits him.  i wish there was another way of running clubs but we have an owner and so i will support him through thick and thin because he is Derby.

Yes, i cheered him on into the dressing room.  i was probably wrong, but it doesn't matter.

Mr. Chow owns the only Chinese restaurant in town, it is entirely his business how he chooses to run it and our opinions carry no weight unless it suits him.  i wish there was another way to make Wonton Soup because it is really, really bad but we have an owner and so i will support him through thick and thin because he is Mr. Chow.

Freudian identification, you say? No. Just try to be practical. The only restaurant in town so l'd better show so loyalty or at least respect, right? The possibility of getting a "NO SOUP FOR YOU" is simply too frightening. 

9 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Mr. Chow owns the only Chinese restaurant in town, it is entirely his business how he chooses to run it and our opinions carry no weight unless it suits him.  i wish there was another way to make Wonton Soup because it is really, really bad but we have an owner and so i will support him through thick and thin because he is Mr. Chow.

Freudian identification, you say? No. Just try to be practical. The only restaurant in town so l'd better show so loyalty or at least respect, right? The possibility of getting a "NO SOUP FOR YOU" is simply too frightening. 

Who are you to say what is bad and what isn't eh?  That does it, i'm telling Mel, NO SAUSAGE FOR YOU.

12 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Can you do a spreadsheet of opinions - or maybe a venn diagram, as I can't remember & don't want to read 48 pages?.

Many thanks.

Same excuse..except it's now 60 pages...

Has anyone pointed out that it seems a little strange that, if promotion wasn't expected - possibly not even wanted - this season, the locker-room invasion came after a loss? Couldn't it equally have come after one of those spiritless draws? Or one of the ground out wins?

That would be consistent with "making it cler that promotion was unimportant this season"...wouldn't it?

16 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I am interested to know if Mel asked you to, whether you might be prepared to wear a Ra-ra skirt and wave poms poms.  Boy his aftershave must have been quite intoxicating at that breakfast.

37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am interested to know if Mel asked you to, whether you might be prepared to wear a Ra-ra skirt and wave poms poms.  Boy his aftershave must have been quite intoxicating at that breakfast.

From what I gathered, It was MM's big hands and broad shoulders, not aftershave, that was intoxicating. Just ask Mostyn.

1 hour ago, HKRam said:

From what I gathered, It was MM's big hands and broad shoulders, not aftershave, that was intoxicating. Just ask Mostyn.

Mostyn looked up from his plate of beans. Mel was staring intently. He felt like a rabbit in the full glare of the headlights. Then Mel spoke directly to him. Softly at first. His tone was calm and reassuring but persistant. Beneath that soft mellow exterior was the physique of a strong, firm and virile younger man. " ooh you're very impressive Mel" he stammered before immediately feeling the hot flush of embarrassment. He felt foolish but Mel smiled kindly and the feeling of anxiety subsided. "More beans Mostyn?" Mel purred. "Oh yes please Mr Morris" he replied, even though he didn't normally care for beans. For some reason at this moment there was nothing he wanted more. "Call me Mel" said Mel, " everyone does....everyone from the tea lady to the.....don't you Doris?". He called across the room to the lady serving the tea. "Yes Mr Morris" she replied." "You see Mostyn, we're all one big happy family here, and we want you to be happy too"." Ooh lovely" said Mostyn as Mel served him another big spoonful. Right there and then Mostyn knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life supporting Mel in everything that he did. "But you shouldn't have gone in the dressing room" he blurted. Oh for goodness sake,why did he say that? what would Mel do now? Mostyn immediately felt ashamed for fear of offending his host. "I don't regret it Mostyn" said Mel staring back shamelessly and defiantly. He looked suddenly magnificent - both vulnerable and heroic. Impulsive yet decisive. "ooooh Mel" said Mostyn " you seem so......so big compared to me"."Together we can be even bigger" said Mel. "Yes, yes" Mostyn cried, not even noticing that he'd splilled beans all over his trousers.

3 hours ago, HKRam said:

Mod: I was not trolling and I did not make things up. Mostyn did say so himself:

you know something, he had big fists, and his shoulders (traps) looked quite impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a body like Ric Flair underneath that suit.

I did not know who Ric Flair was so I googled him. And now I finally realized how I misunderstood Mostyn. He was not brainwashed; intoxicated is a better word.

Any reason we're giving Mostyn grief in this thread when he's barely uttered a word. 

RamNut, you've had the chance to ask Mel all the questions bugging you. I'm sure you could still find a way of contacting him? 

I think Mostyn was quite confrontational over the dressing room incident. Got a little bit warmer in the room. Rammieib wasn't shying away either. 

Don't think any of us came away accepting going in the dressing room was ok. 

I'm hoping Daveo gives us permission to just ban people for ***** like this. 

We were invited for breakfast. We went for breakfast. Some things we accepted, a couple of things we didn't. 

The main talking point seems to be the manager change and the "we don't want promotion" misquote. 

The manager thing... well there is a mixed reaction but when we try to back up the reasoning we get called stupid **** like Forum Elite or breakfast club. How many of us have applauded the decision to sack Clement?

When we explain that nearly all of you were happy with his philosophy for the club in the summer we get ignored as people still continue to misquote "we don't want promotion". When we explain the reasoning behind his philosophy it's the Forum Elite ******** again. 

Should we have gone down and refused to hear his side of the story? Would that have suited you more? Nah, Mel... let US explain to YOU why you sacked Clement. Stick our fingers in our ears and LaLaLa through it? When Mel said "Clement bought xxx" and xxx is **** should we be calling him a liar?

I'm sure the forums newest crybaby collective would have gone down there and told him what's what eh? Stood their ground, abused him and return here to a hero's welcome. 

It's funny because I've seen almost everyone at least disagree with some Mel's decisions still. But if you went to the breakfast and dare to agree with anything he's done then you're on the payroll according to the fine level headed (not like Newcastle at all) mighty Rams fans. 

Imagine if the team were actually proper **** and the club was in financial trouble. What would the meltdown look like then? 

Time warp back to 2014 please

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Mostyn looked up from his plate of beans. Mel was staring intently. He felt like a rabbit in the full glare of the headlights. Then Mel spoke directly to him. Softly at first. His tone was calm and reassuring but persistant. Beneath that soft mellow exterior was the physique of a strong, firm and virile younger man. " ooh you're very impressive Mel" he stammered before immediately feeling the hot flush of embarrassment. He felt foolish but Mel smiled kindly and the feeling of anxiety subsided. "More beans Mostyn?" Mel purred. "Oh yes please Mr Morris" he replied, even though he didn't normally care for beans. For some reason at this moment there was nothing he wanted more. "Call me Mel" said Mel, " everyone does....everyone from the tea lady to the.....don't you Doris?". He called across the room to the lady serving the tea. "Yes Mr Morris" she replied." "You see Mostyn, we're all one big happy family here, and we want you to be happy too"." Ooh lovely" said Mostyn as Mel served him another big spoonful. Right there and then Mostyn knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life supporting Mel in everything that he did. "But you shouldn't have gone in the dressing room" he blurted. Oh for goodness sake,why did he say that? what would Mel do now? Mostyn immediately felt ashamed for fear of offending his host. "I don't regret it Mostyn" said Mel staring back shamelessly and defiantly. He looked suddenly magnificent - both vulnerable and heroic. Impulsive yet decisive. "ooooh Mel" said Mostyn " you seem so......so big compared to me"."Together we can be even bigger" said Mel. "Yes, yes" Mostyn cried, not even noticing that he'd splilled beans all over his trousers.

Hahaha fantastic ... 

What makes me chuckle more is ive got the mental image of morris secretly reading the forum... i wish i could see his actual face as he read some of the stuff about him bet he's proper piss-boiling 

Really tiring of the "promotion is unimportant" crap.

Anyone have, or had, children doing exams? Did you stress the importance of study and learning, or did you tell them to only revise old papers, learn the questions they've asked in the past? 

Both can succeed - but which prepares better for the future? 

48 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Any reason we're giving Mostyn grief in this thread when he's barely uttered a word. 

RamNut, you've had the chance to ask Mel all the questions bugging you. I'm sure you could still find a way of contacting him? 

I think Mostyn was quite confrontational over the dressing room incident. Got a little bit warmer in the room. Rammieib wasn't shying away either. 

Don't think any of us came away accepting going in the dressing room was ok. 

I'm hoping Daveo gives us permission to just ban people for ***** like this. 

Get a sense of humour matey. I'm pulling his leg.

Archived