Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

if a child was top of the class half way through school year, yet performance plummeted nd they became eighth or fifth.....questions would rightly be asked and a cause for such a downturn looked for. If it happened in two school years running, a common link would be looked for. once identifies a solution and plan would be made between school and parents.

In our case Mel meddling, dressing room etc and taking on role of CEO has been common link between our collapses....IMHO

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

if a child was top of the class half way through school year, yet performance plummeted nd they became eighth or fifth.....questions would rightly be asked and a cause for such a downturn looked for. If it happened in two school years running, a common link would be looked for. once identifies a solution and plan would be made between school and parents.

In our case Mel meddling, dressing room etc and taking on role of CEO has been common link between our collapses....IMHO

So last year when he wasn't owner he decided he was going to become the CEO for a few months then decided it was going to be Sam again and has now decided that he is going to be CEO again??? So he went into the dressing room last year? Didn't hear about that one. Bloody club always keeping us in the dark. Yep he was definitely meddling last year with the injuries and offering the Newcastle job and the fans wanting Radio Derby to ask after every game if he was going to Newcastle no matter what he said.

I'm convinced, last year we dropped from 1st to 8th because of Mel and the same this year it is all Mel's fault

:unsure:

10 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

If it happened two years running despite said child working hard but losing confidence, making daft mistakes which he/she knows they are better than, confidence ebbs, every test becomes a stressful event, all the parents and other children start shouting they're rubbish and criticising the teaching methods, the parents and the child itself - then you've got the Derby County child.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Any reason we're giving Mostyn grief in this thread when he's barely uttered a word. 

RamNut, you've had the chance to ask Mel all the questions bugging you. I'm sure you could still find a way of contacting him? 

I think Mostyn was quite confrontational over the dressing room incident. Got a little bit warmer in the room. Rammieib wasn't shying away either. 

Don't think any of us came away accepting going in the dressing room was ok. 

I'm hoping Daveo gives us permission to just ban people for ***** like this. 

We were invited for breakfast. We went for breakfast. Some things we accepted, a couple of things we didn't. 

The main talking point seems to be the manager change and the "we don't want promotion" misquote. 

The manager thing... well there is a mixed reaction but when we try to back up the reasoning we get called stupid **** like Forum Elite or breakfast club. How many of us have applauded the decision to sack Clement?

When we explain that nearly all of you were happy with his philosophy for the club in the summer we get ignored as people still continue to misquote "we don't want promotion". When we explain the reasoning behind his philosophy it's the Forum Elite ******** again. 

Should we have gone down and refused to hear his side of the story? Would that have suited you more? Nah, Mel... let US explain to YOU why you sacked Clement. Stick our fingers in our ears and LaLaLa through it? When Mel said "Clement bought xxx" and xxx is **** should we be calling him a liar?

I'm sure the forums newest crybaby collective would have gone down there and told him what's what eh? Stood their ground, abused him and return here to a hero's welcome. 

It's funny because I've seen almost everyone at least disagree with some Mel's decisions still. But if you went to the breakfast and dare to agree with anything he's done then you're on the payroll according to the fine level headed (not like Newcastle at all) mighty Rams fans. 

Imagine if the team were actually proper **** and the club was in financial trouble. What would the meltdown look like then? 

Time warp back to 2014 please

well attendee Eddie says today the following.....

"How do you know thaat there was '...no gagging order'? For all you know, we could have been given a genuine insight into certain aspects of what may or may not have gone on, under the grounds that it had been told to us in the strictest confidence, and because the invitees were decent human beings, we have kept it to ourselves and not divulged a confidence."

mostyn gets stick as he defends DW to the hilt. His opinion. Fine. Just a lot don't agree.

and a lot of people read mostyn say he had received information he could not share at the meeting. I think that is obviously why, unfairly, the attendees were viewed differently. Likely you were told things in confidence. Fine.

wanting posters banned? Dont like posters opinions then don't read them.

That's a perfectly reasonable opinion to have Igor and staying on your school analogy, what if the new headmaster came in with a vision he believed would take the school to new heights and appointed a teacher who told him he agreed with his vision at his interview then a little way down the road thought he knew better.

This resulted in rebellion from his staff not putting in the desired effort to achieve the headmasters vision so the headmaster went into the staff room and threw a few ****'s into them and reminded them they were not performing to the potential he knew they possessed.

I don't have a problem with that but know the majority on here think the "staff room" is sacrosanct and fair enough I respect those views but don't necessarily agree with them, I'm fine with the top banana going in there and telling them like it is, I hope others would be as flexible on my opinion as I am with theirs.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Any reason we're giving Mostyn grief in this thread when he's barely uttered a word. 

RamNut, you've had the chance to ask Mel all the questions bugging you. I'm sure you could still find a way of contacting him? 

I think Mostyn was quite confrontational over the dressing room incident. Got a little bit warmer in the room. Rammieib wasn't shying away either. 

Bloody hell Alpha - either this is a major sense of humour meltdown or there is something being put in your water up there.

I started the "giving Mostyn grief" in this thread, but I think he is a legitimate target for being lampooned. Mostyn has been a cheerleader for Mel for weeks now, and that is fine. His opinions are no less valid than mine (but obviously more valid than McLovins, but I digress). Mostyn has made his position abundantly clear time after time after time, and he has chosen to bump this thread to make some further points.

Personally I think the piece written by Ramnut is the funniest and cleverest thing I have read on here for months. It seriously worries me if you want to ban "people for **** like this". One might wonder if you are on Mel's payroll too ( just to be clear that is a joke too).

1 minute ago, mozza said:

ferk me , it's all kicked off again , anyway mostyns safe , cos Mel thinks mostyn is Alpha ..

Hey mozza!!!

hope you're feeling better mate.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Bloody hell Alpha - either this is a major sense of humour meltdown or there is something being put in your water up there.

I started the "giving Mostyn grief" in this thread, but I think he is a legitimate target for being lampooned. Mostyn has been a cheerleader for Mel for weeks now, and that is fine. His opinions are no less valid than mine (but obviously more valid than McLovins, but I digress). Mostyn has made his position abundantly clear time after time after time, and he has chosen to bump this thread to make some further points.

Personally I think the piece written by Ramnut is the funniest and cleverest thing I have read on here for months. It seriously worries me if you want to ban "people for **** like this". One might wonder if you are on Mel's payroll too ( just to be clear that is a joke too).

To be fair to @Alpha I think only the sentence that he mentioned @RamNut was specifically aimed at him and the rest aimed at the newbies that have appeared a lot recently posting quite a lot of rubbish. Well that is how I read it any way.

Oh and you have have a like for the post for the 2 parts that I had a good chuckle over :)  

25 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

well attendee Eddie says today the following.....

"How do you know thaat there was '...no gagging order'? For all you know, we could have been given a genuine insight into certain aspects of what may or may not have gone on, under the grounds that it had been told to us in the strictest confidence, and because the invitees were decent human beings, we have kept it to ourselves and not divulged a confidence."

mostyn gets stick as he defends DW to the hilt. His opinion. Fine. Just a lot don't agree.

and a lot of people read mostyn say he had received information he could not share at the meeting. I think that is obviously why, unfairly, the attendees were viewed differently. Likely you were told things in confidence. Fine.

wanting posters banned? Dont like posters opinions then don't read them.

I don't agree with a lot of what Mostyn says, especially his rants at the fans which still have me scratching my head to this day. We could all sit in the stands singing away with huge grins on our faces and I don't see that changing the results on the pitch.

You say he backs Wassall to the hilt and yeah he does but he's also not the only one, look around plenty do and not just from the group that went. I don't understand why this has to be linked to the morning with Mel and brainwashing and that's what's getting tiring now as it's bringing in the rest of the group into it which like you say is unfair.

Mostyn is a big boy and can defend himself as we've seen everyday, all day, since we've come back, I've even considered changing the domain to themostynshow.uk, I'm sure I've read many a post now that Wassall wouldn't be his choice but now he's here let's support him, get off his back and give him a chance. Is that such a bad thing, backing the guy who's in charge now? 

Few more defeats and he might jump over to the other side as football fans are like that, we're fickle *******, would actually be a blessing in disguise so we can move on from Groundhog Day.

p.s just remembered I haven't replied to your email, was out at the time, give me 10 minutes and I'll get that sorted

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

We were invited for breakfast. We went for breakfast. Some things we accepted, a couple of things we didn't. 

The main talking point seems to be the manager change and the "we don't want promotion" misquote. 

The manager thing... well there is a mixed reaction but when we try to back up the reasoning we get called stupid **** like Forum Elite or breakfast club. How many of us have applauded the decision to sack Clement?

When we explain that nearly all of you were happy with his philosophy for the club in the summer we get ignored as people still continue to misquote "we don't want promotion". When we explain the reasoning behind his philosophy it's the Forum Elite ******** again. 

Should we have gone down and refused to hear his side of the story? Would that have suited you more? Nah, Mel... let US explain to YOU why you sacked Clement. Stick our fingers in our ears and LaLaLa through it? When Mel said "Clement bought xxx" and xxx is **** should we be calling him a liar?

I'm sure the forums newest crybaby collective would have gone down there and told him what's what eh? Stood their ground, abused him and return here to a hero's welcome. 

It's funny because I've seen almost everyone at least disagree with some Mel's decisions still. But if you went to the breakfast and dare to agree with anything he's done then you're on the payroll according to the fine level headed (not like Newcastle at all) mighty Rams fans. 

Imagine if the team were actually proper **** and the club was in financial trouble. What would the meltdown look like then? 

Time warp back to 2014 please

Get a grip and stop being so over sensitive. That passage was clearly written as tongue in cheek and was very amusing. We all know that Mostyn did give him some grief about the dressing room incident which makes it even more obvious it was a joke.

Climb down off your moderating high horse. Currently the football is *****, the head coach is *****, we have no direction, next season shows no sign of optimism at least let us have fun on the forum! 

47 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

Now I'm going to be very careful here, what with you taking great offence at me picking up what I considered to be a 'porky' and openly accusing me of misquoting you and taking your words out of context when clearly any misinterpretation was yours and not mine, but you really do come out with some 'special' statements at times.

Whilst this season's collapse might have been contributed to by 'owner antics', are you seriously suggesting - no, categorically stating (in your humble opinion) - that last year's capitulation was down to Mel? What did he do, manufacture the Ashley and Newcastle interest, personally injure Buxton, Martin, Mascarell, Eustace and Bent all at the same time, or was it something subtler?

I look forward to your usual post about me insulting you - probably a week next Thursday when you think everyone has forgotten.

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

That's a perfectly reasonable opinion to have Igor and staying on your school analogy, what if the new headmaster came in with a vision he believed would take the school to new heights and appointed a teacher who told him he agreed with his vision at his interview then a little way down the road thought he knew better.

This resulted in rebellion from his staff not putting in the desired effort to achieve the headmasters vision so the headmaster went into the staff room and threw a few ****'s into them and reminded them they were not performing to the potential he knew they possessed.

I don't have a problem with that but know the majority on here think the "staff room" is sacrosanct and fair enough I respect those views but don't necessarily agree with them, I'm fine with the top banana going in there and telling them like it is, I hope others would be as flexible on my opinion as I am with theirs.

well aware some think not following a procedure and observing there is a time and a place. Analogy works with the school example you used perfectly imho. In that, if a head went in to a classroom and had a go at teacher and kids then that would massively disturb the kids (players) But to be entirely accurate in the analogy....what we had at Derby was not the head (Sam, CEO) but the Chair of the Governors...whom a teacher does not even report to going into the classroom. Also not entering the classroom calmly.....but angry.

fine to disagree, but it is just far too risky never mind whether its right or wrong. If anything it smacked of impatience.

staff room would be perfect place for a headteacher to talk to a teacher (best in his office) but the classroom, after 90minutes exertion. Plain wrong. Listening skills will not be deployed to best of everyone's ability.

Something has lead us to collapse two seasons running. Something. I really hope the club look to see if there is a common link between the spectacular collapses. These are not imagined. They are spectacular collapses.

Archived