Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really? 

Yes. He confirmed that Mel went in the changing rooms after the game to express his disapproval over the performance. If people want to quibble over the exact verb Clement used, then fine, I don't think he specifically said rant.

37 minutes ago, Anon said:

Yes. He confirmed that Mel went in the changing rooms after the game to express his disapproval over the performance. If people want to quibble over the exact verb Clement used, then fine, I don't think he specifically said rant.

So it's quite possible that Nixon was over exaggerating. I also gather that PC confirmed that MM has been in the changing rooms before?

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So it's quite possible that Nixon was over exaggerating. I also gather that PC confirmed that MM has been in the changing rooms before?

What does it matter if Nixon was exaggerating? The Morris defenders are the ones focusing on 'ranting and raving', not the critics.

4 hours ago, Eatonram said:

I wonder if you've played any competitive sport? At all levels, confidence, doubt, nervousness has a massive impact as to how you perform, confidence and self belief can probably add 10-205 yo you performance whereas doubt and a lack of self confidence does the opposite. At the moment it looks loke this is a critical factor and a spiral that is difficult to correct as we found last year at the end of the season.

Vocal support from the crowd can play a part but PC and his coaching team must play the biggest paert in re-instilling the belief that seems to have disappeared.

No i have not, but i have worked many jobs where confidence is required and that confidence comes with competence, when i know that i am capable of doing a good job.  Perhaps being a player is more akin to stage acting, where doubts creep quickly in and that's when older players/actors have an important role.  i agree that it's PC's and the coaching team's job to instill competence and confidence, but also to fire the players up for every single game.  This team does not go charging out of the tunnel with the taste of blood in their mouths and to me that's a worry.  Maybe PC's style does not suit them.  If he is asking them to play in a way they are not capable of doing game after game, that's a problem obviously. 

Hey, i am just a fan like you and we all have our areas of interest, mine being psychology and tactics.  What i see is a group of boys in clear need of inspiration.  Wish there were more men among them tbf.  Hiring a top sports psychologist would be a good move imo,

Archived