Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

43 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

No no, even less so if we don't get promoted. As we saw last season, so many factors can affect a promotion chase. 

Basically, my opinion of chairman getting involved in football matters won't change based on the outcome of this season. Unless there's clear evidence that was the cause.

It works by comparing it to what you expect from him.What sort of things you want the owner to be doing, what you don't want them to be doing.

You're not in some way related to an ex-poster called Ronnie are you?

just asking.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team have hardly fired on all cylinders all season .the Bristol! City game being the exception.until recently Ince has been a non enterty ,martin well off the boil,Thorn on and off form.weienman not meting expectations and with the exception of Carson ,Shacks,Keogh,Christie we would probably have 5 or more points less than we presently have.So what does that say about the other players,?OK everyone entitled to the occasional poor performance,loss of form ,managerial mistakes ect but considering depth of squad illegid quality and experience .club facilities and set up .if I was Mel the dressing room would have probably looked like a crime scene from CSI Miami.after the Reading performance.Not saying that would be the right way forward and probably not how Mel would handle it and their be the difference why I can afford a football ticket and Mel can afford a football club.However some thing ain't quite clicking so some arses need kicking 

My final thought on this subject.

Traditionally a local man makes good, buys into his local club, funds it until financially unviable, then launches a fire sale of all assets and leaves the club poorer financially, and emotionally shot personally. 

We now have an owner, with very deep pockets, who's not just using that wealth for the here and now of player purchases, but is putting in place a structure which can only benefit DCFC in the long run, for instance the academy improvements, and the 'Own the Region' scheme.

He also has the experience of growing not just one, but two businesses from start up to multi million pound success, we'd be foolish to not utilise that experience to improve ourselves if possible.

He may be a lot more involved than we're used to, for instance he talked in the summer, and again this season of inviting the leadership group, which involves some senior players as well as management to take part in activities away from the club. 

He's much more involved in the day to day operations than a conventional chairman, but who's to say that's a bad thing?

He did say he'd be in the background behind Sam, but for all we know maybe Sam asked him to step forward and be the corporate face of the club, leaving SR more time to concentrate on his job?

For all that, unless specifically invited by PC, he should be nowhere near the dressing room after a match.

4 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Not necessarily. You can do the right things and have a bad outcome. You can do the wrong things and have a good outcome. 

We should evaluate the behaviour, not the outcome.

My points are simple:-

If I had spent £100 million on a business then I would feel free to do whatever I saw fit, to make it successful.

Therefore I am happy with whatever Mel does to try to bring success to his business.

If Mel says such and such happened and someone from a newspaper appears to contradict that, then I make a choice to believe Mel Morris every time.

If we do not get promotion this year then we will try again next year. Mel will be here next year.

i am not in a position to evaluate the behaviour of Mel Morris, especially as suggested by a newspaper.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

My points are simple:-

If I had spent £100 million on a business then I would feel free to do whatever I saw fit, to make it successful.

Therefore I am happy with whatever Mel does to try to bring success to his business.

If Mel says such and such happened and someone from a newspaper appears to contradict that, then I make a choice to believe Mel Morris every time.

If we do not get promotion this year then we will try again next year. Mel will be here next year.

i am not in a position to evaluate the behaviour of Mel Morris, especially as suggested by a newspaper.

Where's the contradiction? Paul Clement himself said that Mel came in to speak to them and he wasn't happy. What exactly are you believing Mel about?

As many have said, he's not exactly spent £100 million. He's invested it. I understand if you agree with everything he does, but I'll never understand blind faith purely because he's spent money.

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

We can review this in May, I think.

4 hours ago, cymru said:

Rampage i with you m8 

Yeah just wait in May and we'll talk from there. 

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Where's the contradiction? Paul Clement himself said that Mel came in to speak to them and he wasn't happy. What exactly are you believing Mel about?

As many have said, he's not exactly spent £100 million. He's invested it. I understand if you agree with everything he does, but I'll never understand blind faith purely because he's spent money.

On balance, Mel has been outstanding. There was an indication that Mel cancelled the Dubai trip for a particular reason. Mel said that it was for a variety of reasons, which were listed. If the paper did not suggest that it was done for that particular reason, then I withdraw my comments as I obviously misunderstood. Do I have a problem with Mel going into the dressing room? No, I do not.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Did his book not get published? Last I heard, he had past his necessary total.

if you're looking for a Ronnie conspiracy, I suggest you look at another poster in this thread. 

LOOK AT ME, I WISH SOMEONE WOULD

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

On balance, Mel has been outstanding. There was an indication that Mel cancelled the Dubai trip for a particular reason. Mel said that it was for a variety of reasons, which were listed. If the paper did not suggest that it was done for that particular reason, then I withdraw my comments as I obviously misunderstood. Do I have a problem with Mel going into the dressing room? No, I do not.

I never mentioned anything to do with the Dubai trip, because that's all just rumours.

There we go then, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Hopefully we win tomorrow and attention will be elsewhere. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I never mentioned anything to do with the Dubai trip, because that's all just rumours.

There we go then, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Hopefully we win tomorrow and attention will be elsewhere. 

Absolutely Bob Loblaw. COYR

13 hours ago, LauraH said:

In all honesty are we different to any other set of supporters?

It has been touched on a couple of times before that we do suffer with some "glory fans" who throw their toys out the pram as soon as we/a certain player hits a sticky patch however i think the majority are level headed and understand that by tomorrow night this whole mucky affair will be all forgotten about as we get 3 points and Boro drop 2... Hopefully

Glory Fans?!! Who ever can she mean... 

10 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

No no, even less so if we don't get promoted. As we saw last season, so many factors can affect a promotion chase. 

Basically, my opinion of chairman getting involved in football matters won't change based on the outcome of this season. Unless there's clear evidence that was the cause.

It works by comparing it to what you expect from him.What sort of things you want the owner to be doing, what you don't want them to be doing.

Wouldn't the best comparison we could make the next game? If we win big today would that suggest that it had the desired effect?

What is expected of Mel? For me, I expect him to run the football club to be successful and viable. How is that achieved? I don't bloody know, I just hope Mel does. And because I don't know I am just gonna sit here and see how we perform after he has entered the dressing room to see if it was the right decision or not. The first part of the judgement has been passed with Clement and Grant's interview.

11 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

We have no ordinary chairman. He's the dogs ********. Please don't mention refrigerator salesmen in the same paragraph. 

Another thing to mention is that Mel is a human being and I think it takes some bravery to go before a big group like that and express your view. It don't matter who you are. Him going in needed to be done after that Reading game and if you think it didn't you can't have been at the game. The performance was too non Derby as has been pointed out. 

The entire time he's reiterated his unwavering and long term support for this management team and especially PC. So let's keep the context shall we. Asking him to keep quiet is just wrong; I'm pleased he's paying attention to the finer details and stepping in when he needs to.

the silver lining is that on the heels of that, and in part because of it, we will see some good Brian style football on the ground v Brum, and the dressing room can perhaps stay free of Derby's main man today. 

9 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

........stormed in........ranted.

Like I said before, context is everything.

Archived