Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

What I've learned from the resurrection of this thread: basically a big fat zero except that @RamNut is a superb and witty storyteller. He should have his own dedicated (weekly) section on the forum where he writes DCFC satire - what a fun read that would be. Fix it up Daveo! 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

well aware some think not following a procedure and observing there is a time and a place. Analogy works with the school example you used perfectly imho. In that, if a head went in to a classroom and had a go at teacher and kids then that would massively disturb the kids (players) But to be entirely accurate in the analogy....what we had at Derby was not the head (Sam, CEO) but the Chair of the Governors...whom a teacher does not even report to going into the classroom. Also not entering the classroom calmly.....but angry.

fine to disagree, but it is just far too risky never mind whether its right or wrong. If anything it smacked of impatience.

staff room would be perfect place for a headteacher to talk to a teacher (best in his office) but the classroom, after 90minutes exertion. Plain wrong. Listening skills will not be deployed to best of everyone's ability.

Something has lead us to collapse two seasons running. Something. I really hope the club look to see if there is a common link between the spectacular collapses. These are not imagined. They are spectacular collapses.

I can't disagree with you about the collapse, but can't help wonder (probably wrongly) if a players rebellion could possibly have been considered as a contributory factor ?

I'm no body language authority but it looked to me like some players took to the pitch with the hump, fair enough getting the hump if things don't go your way during a match but to look cheesed off before a ball is kicked ?

That happened towards the end of both McClaren's and Clement's tenure, could it be some players decided they'd had enough of their coaches and unsettled the dressing room ? It might be a million miles away from the truth but just as possible to blame for the collapses as Mel's intervention in the dressing room or indeed his purchase of the club.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Care to expand on the etc?

Mel performs moat of the CEO duties at critical points. Explaining PC departure, player signings.

Mel also enters dressing room infamously.

something has caused two spectacular collapses. I thought it was injuries last year at first, until I sensed something more fundamental was wrong. this season we have a monstrously sized squad, so injuries have not caused our collapse.

Mel can be so good for our club. But he needs to appoint staff and leave then to do their job. Tackle any issues individually....one to one.

McClaren knew on pitch, last game, that his future was in Mel's hands. I supported Mel in removing both SM and PC

but why those managers failed so badly bemuses me. In similar fashion....top to fifth in record time.

the biggest question I have, to which I do not have the answer is.......did Mel get involved and enter the dressing room last season?

If people learn from mistakes ...fine. I see no evidence of that yet.

we have a top quality CEO who cannot explain to fans why PC was sacked. Because he suffered when removing Nigel? We all came to realise removing Nigel was a masterstroke that got us to minutes of the Premier league.

and Mel has not allowed Sam to act as a CEO would, appoint an experienced manager.

wpuld we have accepted DW over Nigel....no way. yet now we do. DW is lucky he got the job. Lucky he gets no grief at games (apart from booing subs last week).

4 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I can't disagree with you about the collapse, but can't help wonder (probably wrongly) if a players rebellion could possibly have been considered as a contributory factor ?

I'm no body language authority but it looked to me like some players took to the pitch with the hump, fair enough getting the hump if things don't go your way during a match but to look cheesed off before a ball is kicked ?

That happened towards the end of both McClaren's and Clement's tenure, could it be some players decided they'd had enough of their coaches and unsettled the dressing room ? It might be a million miles away from the truth but just as possible to blame for the collapses as Mel's intervention in the dressing room or indeed his purchase of the club.

players definitely affected in similar fashion.....both seasons from what I also observe.

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

something has caused two spectacular collapses. I thought it was injuries last year at first, until I sensed something more fundamental was wrong. this season we have a monstrously sized squad, so injuries have not caused our collapse.

the biggest question I have, to which I do not have the answer is.......did Mel get involved and enter the dressing room last season?

Wow...

What evidence are you requiring? Would a picture of the dressing room door with a 'No Chairmen Allowed' sign do?

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's not my sense of humour. It's the same **** in every thread. If it's a joke, it stopped being funny ages ago. 

Wait, what year is it? Is it 1984 not 2016, when there are explicit rules about the conditions in which one can laugh and the targets at which one could laugh? 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's not my sense of humour. It's the same **** in every thread. If it's a joke, it stopped being funny ages ago. 

Either you or G Star Ram called the newbie OP of the following thread head injured (when he / she was a baby) when the newbie was simply sharing info about Leicesrer's p&l. The two posts are removed now but did you remove them yourself or did you ban yourself? 

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:
6 hours ago, igorlegend said:

Mel performs moat of the CEO duties at critical points. Explaining PC departure, player signings.

Mel can be so good for our club. But he needs to appoint staff and leave then to do their job. Tackle any issues individually....one to one.

McClaren knew on pitch, last game, that his future was in Mel's hands. I supported Mel in removing both SM and PC

but why those managers failed so badly bemuses me. In similar fashion....top to fifth in record time.

we have a top quality CEO who cannot explain to fans why PC was sacked. Because he suffered when removing Nigel? We all came to realise removing Nigel was a masterstroke that got us to minutes of the Premier league.

and Mel has not allowed Sam to act as a CEO would, appoint an experienced manager.

wpuld we have accepted DW over Nigel....no way. yet now we do. DW is lucky he got the job. Lucky he gets no grief at games (apart from booing subs last week).

Care to expand on the etc?

Easy.

When MM took over he emphasized that he would be a Non-Executive Chairman. He stressed that Sam Rush would continue performing an important role for the club as the Chief Executive, and personally he would confine his own role to the visionary, big picture stuffs.

As obviously, he has taken a lot off SM's plate. Well, HKRam you are again making stuffs up, you say? How would you know what MM does and what he does not, newbie!

Well, if you don't like the Non-Executive Chairman vs. Chief Executive comparison, let's do a MM vs. GSE comparison, shall we?

4 hours ago, HKRam said:

Either you or G Star Ram called the newbie OP of the following thread head injured (when he / she was a baby) when the newbie was simply sharing info about Leicesrer's p&l. The two posts are removed now but did you remove them yourself or did you ban yourself? 

You've lost me

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

What? Can't see what's being got at here, care to translate for me?

It's because Alan Nixon Twitter account is private and locked so you can't see anything. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What? Can't see what's being got at here, care to translate for me?

A burnley fan was saying Dyche wouldn't want to go there especially after Mel entered the changing rooms and Nixon replied with that, basically if PC had done as asked by MM he wouldn't have gone in and there wouldn't be any issues.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

A burnley fan was saying Dyche wouldn't want to go there especially after Mel entered the changing rooms and Nixon replied with that, basically if PC had done as asked by MM he wouldn't have gone in and there wouldn't be any issues.

Ah got the twitter trail... can't agree with Nixon saying MM was right to enter the dressing room. Why say PC was a 'wet weekend'? Whatever that meant MM would have been better dealing with it with PC alone. Think Nixon is probably adding 2+2.

Archived