Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

39 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

So Mel even gets a big thumbs down from Clinton Morrison on FLS. He might as well have said that players would give the chairman the finger as he left the dressing room  

Thats it then, Mel has gone from hero to zero in one week. 

It's the Derby way

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From DET article 

Derby County: Clement’s men staying put as Dubai rethink is ruled out

DERBY County head coach Paul Clement said there are no plans to have a rethink on a spell of warm-weather training this week.

The Rams had considered jetting off to Dubai but shelved the idea following the team's poor performance against Reading last Tuesday.

Instead, the players will stay at Moor Farm and prepare for the clash with Burnley.

Asked if a spell training in the sun might be a good thing on the back of Saturday's 3-0 defeat by Birmingham City, Clement said: "It is all about what happens now after this period of training and going into the Burnley game and the Manchester United game.

"If we win both of those games, this [the Dubai trip] will not get mentioned ever again, I am sure.

"If we don't, of course questions will be asked.

"There is no change in our plans. We are staying at Moor Farm.

"The players will have a couple of days off and then we will do five days' training leading into Burnley.

"Listen, I cannot complain.

"I have got a fantastic training ground at which to be working. People are less fortunate than us with their facilities."

Rams owner and chairman Mel Morris visited the dressing room to speak to the players after the Reading game.

Clement was also angry after the 1-1 draw and the club decided not to go ahead with the Dubai trip.

Did Morris go in the dressing room after the Birmingham defeat?

"No," said Clement, who added: "I believe everyone involved here at Derby – owner, chief executive, myself, my staff and the players – have the best interests of this club at heart.

"All of those decisions are made in a positive way to get the best out of the team, out of me and the best out of the players."

• 2 weeks later...

If I were Mel (who would not want to be as rich as him), I would know that I need to do something dramatic to turn things around. So I would do two things.

First, an apology, to the whole staff and the players. Immediately after the horror show last night, I would, conspicuously, ask PC's permission to enter the dressing room. I would call the staffs to get in too, and make a sincere apology in front of all people. In the apology, I would emphasize how good and important is PC to the team, and that PC has the full authority over all football matters. And yes, I would do that even if I fully believe my rights as a club owner. It's all about show, you see; sometimes you have to play dumb.

But then behind my back I would secretly interview candidates to replace PC.

8 minutes ago, HKRam said:

If I were Mel (who would not want to be as rich as him), I would know that I need to do something dramatic to turn things around. So I would do two things.

First, an apology, to the whole staff and the players. Immediately after the horror show last night, I would, conspicuously, ask PC's permission to enter the dressing room. I would call the staffs to get in too, and make a sincere apology in front of all people. In the apology, I would emphasize how good and important is PC to the team, and that PC has the full authority over all football matters. And yes, I would do that even if I fully believe my rights as a club owner. It's all about show, you see; sometimes you have to play dumb.

I'm a bit surprised he has said nothing publicly on the matter...Oh that's right he wants to 'take a back seat'

8 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Apologise for what?. None of us know what happened, do we?

Exactly, apologise for nothing.

Apologise for the way the media world has reported this and the fans and even the football league tonight show have been discussing it.

Only one apology needed... the one player (d1ck) who let it slip to his agent who is in contact with Nicko!

I really don't understand why anyone is bothered about this. "Boss Speaks With Employees Scandal!" It is literally nothing. Anyone freaking out about the "ethics" of a "leak" or reporting on the "leak" are missing the point. It isn't news, so it really doesn't matter who knows about it.

25 minutes ago, Anon said:

I really don't understand why anyone is bothered about this. "Boss Speaks With Employees Scandal!" It is literally nothing. Anyone freaking out about the "ethics" of a "leak" or reporting on the "leak" are missing the point. It isn't news, so it really doesn't matter who knows about it.

Does the team spirit seen the same to you now as it did when we got to Wembley?

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Does the team spirit seen the same to you now as it did when we got to Wembley?

Absolutely not, but in my opinion that has nothing to do with the chairman entering the changing room and everything to do with us bringing in players with certain types of personalities and phasing out players who I believe were important in creating and maintaining that team ethic that was so strong a few years ago.

Archived