Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Hope everyone else is ok...how are you doing @Paul71?

Thanks for asking.

Had a tough few weeks, GP has prescribed me anti-depressants and have been signed off work again.

I do feel a bit calmer, but hard to tell if its the drugs or the time off and rest.

Hope you and yours are doing ok and having a good christmas.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Thanks for asking.

Had a tough few weeks, GP has prescribed me anti-depressants and have been signed off work again.

I do feel a bit calmer, but hard to tell if its the drugs or the time off and rest.

Hope you and yours are doing ok and having a good christmas.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I kept meaning to ask you.

Keep me posted please.

How are you illness wise?

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

Sorry to hear that mate.

I kept meaning to ask you.

Keep me posted please.

How are you illness wise?

Was there last week, my blood is at its thickest since i was diagnosed. Its still considered normal though higher end normal so they are getting a bit nervous and if not got down might have to have a venesection next time. Hoping it might have dropped a bit to avoid that.

Drinking plenty of water as that helps keep the blood thinner.

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Was there last week, my blood is at its thickest since i was diagnosed. Its still considered normal though higher end normal so they are getting a bit nervous and if not got down might have to have a venesection next time. Hoping it might have dropped a bit to avoid that.

Drinking plenty of water as that helps keep the blood thinner.

Ok mate...****.I’m going to google Vensection but I don’t like the sound of it.

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

Ok mate...****.I’m going to google Vensection but I don’t like the sound of it.

I haven't had it done at all but is quite common, just like giving blood.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/10/2017 at 12:51, StivePesley said:

Spoke to my friend who is a CBT professional and she said it sounded daft that you'd been referred to group CBT based on the issues you described. She said it was almost certainly just a financial decision as it's cheaper to run group sessions than 1:1. Frustrating when the outcomes are much less positive as a result. If your next group therapy is no better then she said to push them harder.

Interesting post this...clearly there is a financial aspect to this. But I'd also add that group therapy has a different dynamic. You would hear people with similar problems and know you're not alone (like AA) rather than potentially be 'done to' by a professional.

Not sure about the stats, but it's possible people with no real passion to change (ie ordered by a court, social care etc) are put in cheaper group therapy so that skews the figures?

Anyone on here is sharing their feelings so why not do it in a group....that said I really wouldn't open up in public.

It's the people you never suspect like Gary Speed who are probably the hardest to help...bottling it up cos they can't admit they are struggling. ANY outlet including this forum is good!!

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Interesting post this...clearly there is a financial aspect to this. But I'd also add that group therapy has a different dynamic. You would hear people with similar problems and know you're not alone (like AA) rather than potentially be 'done to' by a professional.

Not sure about the stats, but it's possible people with no real passion to change (ie ordered by a court, social care etc) are put in cheaper group therapy so that skews the figures?

Anyone on here is sharing their feelings so why not do it in a group....that said I really wouldn't open up in public.

It's the people you never suspect like Gary Speed who are probably the hardest to help...bottling it up cos they can't admit they are struggling. ANY outlet including this forum is good!!

I think the anonymity on here is great,there is no judgement whatsoever.

Anyone who comes on this has just got positive motives for it either to get help or help.

If you can get a positive frame of mind going about anything it’s going to help you.

Anything that makes you feel better about life or yourself,whatever that is can only help.

Walk the dog,go to the gym,a run,football,cinema,time with your family,watch a movie,knock one out(in private)anything.

Tell someone you’re not ok.

There are plenty of good people out there who will listen or point you in the right direction or care.

My first day back at work tomorrow having been off for 2 months. 

Have felt the anti depressants have been working but getting real feelings of anxiety right now, almost like having pins and needles all over.

Trying to take my mind off it so will probably post some rubbish on here, hopefully I won't offend anyone, if I do apologies in advance.

27 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Have felt the anti depressants have been working but getting real feelings of anxiety right now, almost like having pins and needles all over.

Trying to take my mind off it so will probably post some rubbish on here, hopefully I won't offend anyone, if I do apologies in advance.

Best advice would be to join the red dog forum and go wumming.  Relieves my stress every time.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Best advice would be to join the red dog forum and go wumming.  Relieves my stress every time.

I'm not that ill.

34 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Post as much rubbish as you like. 

First step back tomorrow, you were always going to feel anxious tonight. Blimey, I feel the same after 2 weeks off in the summer after a holiday. 

It will get better as each day passes, and you get into a routine.

All the best for tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Don’t knock it, pretending to be a Hooters waitress forest fan can be very calming. Ask @David

Good idea, I've got my profile pic sorted.

99f10ebb43f35111df79355cb12602fd-fat-girl-in-hooters-uniform-pole-dances-with-pitcher-of-beer.jpg.8f1d49537e76ec297b1fc5ac10328364.jpg

4 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Post as much rubbish as you like. 

First step back tomorrow, you were always going to feel anxious tonight. Blimey, I feel the same after 2 weeks off in the summer after a holiday. 

It will get better as each day passes, and you get into a routine.

All the best for tomorrow. 

Cheers mate.

38 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hope all goes well tomorrow Paul. Anxiety is understandable all things considered.  Don’t get worrying about posting rubbish on here tonight either. I really doubt anyone will notice any discernible change in your posting quality.