Simon Dawkins

Ninos

12 minutes ago, jono said:

I love a bit of romantics in the game. Anyone ever considered Steve Howard's story .. Reject from was it Sunderland or Newcastle academy ? .. Non league footy then Northants and on to the glamour that is Luton Town and then to arrive at Derby County aged 30 .. No he wasn't a super star .. But guess what he made the PL .. And scored at Old Trafford .. Not many academy rejects can say that. Dreams .. Very important !

Big difference - SH had lengthy spells at clubs prior to joining us. (and even when he left us he played quite a few for Leicester.)

No disrespect to Dawkins - but a pattern has emerged,

Time for him to move on imo.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me that Dawkins made the decision early on this season to put all his eggs in the J'can national side basket rather than commit to trying to win over the new coach and get a first team spot nailed down with us. Maybe he was being distracted with all the MLS talk. But he needs to move on.

Sooner he goes the better. He's now nowhere near a first team squad place so time to move on, plus I think he's taken up enough space on this forum for someone who just doesn't figure in Derbys' future.

Shame but these things happen.

Remember an interview with Jeff Hendrick and I think Johnny Russell where they were asked who was the most skilful player in the team? The reply was Dawks, because in training he could tie you in knots. Just a shame we fans never saw it more.

Still remember being near the front at Fulham when he clipped the ball in with his heel and couldn't believe he'd done it. 

Good luck Dawks.

Archived