Simon Dawkins

Ninos

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Basically trying to follow how their other sports work, which is really difficult to make compatible with how it works with a global sport. But on the flip side, don't have much choice as they don't have lower leagues.

Yeah that is true. When my American friends started following football here I explained them the league system and it blew their minds. They were astounded at how much consequence a bad few years could have to a team here. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah that is true. When my American friends started following football here I explained them the league system and it blew their minds. They were astounded at how much consequence a bad few years could have to a team here. 

We, bar a few financial mistakes etc, don't just pick up and move teams either.

On 1/6/2016 at 22:01, valleyram said:

What's Craig got to do with it ? I thought he wasn't bad out wide but some on here thought he was Xavi or iniesta when played in the middle of the park and he was the answer  , quite frankly he was woeful in the midfield and guess what craig and will got injured first game of the season , he got a try in midfield against the mighty Pompey and was never seen again , I guess Paul clement thought the same as me , he's no a bad judge of a player so far , certainly better than you 

1. He was man of the match in two of his three games in midfield.

2. He played as a ten, the 'Ince' role, against Pompey. 

34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Essentially, with a few extra lines of citation. Really annoying system and I'm displeased at @Kernow for asking.

I just wanted to know the quantity of designated players permitted!

A reply of "3" would have sufficed

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I also like this a few lines down: ** Age of player is determined by year (not date) of birth.

I thought that was standard? Works that way for the u-21s internationally I think? It's why so many 22 yr olds are in the u-21 squads... If they turn 22 in the calendar year they still count as 21 in footballing terms or something like that...

4 hours ago, cannable said:

1. He was man of the match in two of his three games in midfield.

2. He played as a ten, the 'Ince' role, against Pompey. 

He never played 10 good games !! 

He just wasn't very good 

best he went

good luck to him 

not surprised hes gone with more midfielders here now - Butterfield, Johnson - and wide men too - camara and Blackman.

When Will and Craig return to fitness do we need both in the squad? Which one could leave?. After all its been said that insurance on those players help pay for Butterfield and Johnson. When those players are fit I assume we lose any ongoing insurance payments.

12 minutes ago, valleyram said:

He never played 10 good games !! 

He just wasn't very good 

best he went

good luck to him 

Whilst I was never in the Dawkins love club to say he never had 10 good games is incorrect. He had a good run of games on loan where he was good, epitomised by the Wigan away game. I would also argue that Bryson and Martin beneited with Dawks in the team that season due to his ball retention and coming inside and covering Bryson's runs into the box.

Once again I believe you are incorrect, he was good enough just not consistent enough.

Agree, for both Dawks and the club it is time he left.

Agreed, good luck Dawks.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Whilst I was never in the Dawkins love club to say he never had 10 good games is incorrect. He had a good run of games on loan where he was good, epitomised by the Wigan away game. I would also argue that Bryson and Martin beneited with Dawks in the team that season due to his ball retention and coming inside and covering Bryson's runs into the box.

Once again I believe you are incorrect, he was good enough just not consistent enough.

Agree, for both Dawks and the club it is time he left.

Agreed, good luck Dawks.

I'm not going to weigh in on this in any meaningful way but for me how consistent a player is effects my judgement of them on a good/bad scale. A player who is sometimes good and sometimes awful is just as average in my eyes as someone who is consistently average.

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I thought that was standard? Works that way for the u-21s internationally I think? It's why so many 22 yr olds are in the u-21 squads... If they turn 22 in the calendar year they still count as 21 in footballing terms or something like that...

Yep like racehorses where the birthday is set at January 1st of the year they were born

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm not going to weigh in on this in any meaningful way but for me how consistent a player is effects my judgement of them on a good/bad scale. A player who is sometimes good and sometimes awful is just as average in my eyes as someone who is consistently average.

Fair comment, for me someone who isn't good enough is some one who cannot perform to that standard.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

bit like Bryson last season perhaps?

Archived