Simon Dawkins

Ninos

39 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Also I wouldn't be surprised with the time he's been spending with the under 21's if he hasn't already got an eye on coaching after he's done with the game.

Would probably a big improvement on those still hanging onto Cloughs' coat tail. Still think they were a part of the problem but he stays loyal to them ?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I would like Clement to give Dawks a go, on his day he is our best player and makes things happen. If he had consistency he would be a top player at this level.

Dawkins is not our best player in any way, shape or form. He is good at ball retention but he has no end product. We have a number of players that are alfar better than him.

Dawkins was very good at linking up with Will Hughes and Chris Martin.What a great pity it is that Will Hughes is not fit. Happy Xmas Will. We would not have bought Johnson and Butterfield if Will had not got injured. However with them all fit we would now be in a position to walk this League.

6 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I would like Clement to give Dawks a go, on his day he is our best player and makes things happen. If he had consistency he would be a top player at this level.

I would love to see any evidence of this, certainly would not be from any of his performances in a Derby shirt. 

Good at keeping possession but very rarely made things happen and is not even close to bring out best player. Not a patch on a fit Will Hughes.

6 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Hi Simon. Welcome to the forum.

Just under a couple of years ago he was our best player. Particularly in the run up when we beat forest 5-0 and we had a string of games were we couldnt score and were drawing 0-0 with people like bolton.

But that was for a very short space of time, and he didnt play well last year understandbly.

Dont really understand whats happened this season.

As someone eluded to earlier in the thread I dont understand why Nicholson and Owen Bradley or even Gibson never ask the management team about him. Its like they know something we dont, that they are not able to print/broadcast.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Just under a couple of years ago he was our best player. Particularly in the run up when we beat forest 5-0 and we had a string of games were we couldnt score and were drawing 0-0 with people like bolton.

But that was for a very short space of time, and he didnt play well last year understandbly.

Dont really understand whats happened this season.

As someone eluded to earlier in the thread I dont understand why Nicholson and Owen Bradley or even Gibson never ask the management team about him. Its like they know something we dont, that they are not able to print/broadcast.

Wouldn't worry yourself about it. 

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

there ought to be some explanation as to why dawkins just doesn't feature

i assume its because he's black.

Embarrassing post from you. 

20 hours ago, Srg said:

Buxton to Burton seems to make far too much sense. 

Personally wouldn't want him to go there because he's better than League 1. If they go up then yes, great, but he's proven he's more than capable of playing in the Championship.

As far as our squad goes, he's probably our biggest current "legend", he opitomises what the clubs about. I see no reason why he couldn't go to a club like Birmingham or Wolves and be their best defender. Realistically his chances here are limited. There comes a time where people have to go their separate ways and move on. Unfortunately I expect that may be soon for Bucko. Keogh & Shackell are going to take a lot to move. We've also got Pearce and Rawson coming through. If we go up there will only be more players coming in in front of Jake in the pecking order.

In an ideal world, he stays until August, we go up. We're drawing at home to Man Utd on day one, Bucko rises in the 90th minute and wins it for us. New Utd boss Jose Mourinho dubs him the mysterious bearded hero. Then he can move on.

Nothing I would love more than seeing Bucko step out in the PL for us just once.

On 25/12/2015 at 04:49, Kernow said:

In an ideal world, he stays until August, we go up. We're drawing at home to Man Utd on day one, Bucko rises in the 90th minute and wins it for us. New Utd boss Jose Mourinho dubs him the mysterious bearded hero. Then he can move on.

Nothing I would love more than seeing Bucko step out in the PL for us just once.

Gosh, you old romantic you. Proper bought a tear to my eye, that did.

If that last sentence should come to pass, then there would be the very real possibility of me becoming very unmanly in a public place.

I love a bit of romantics in the game. Anyone ever considered Steve Howard's story .. Reject from was it Sunderland or Newcastle academy ? .. Non league footy then Northants and on to the glamour that is Luton Town and then to arrive at Derby County aged 30 .. No he wasn't a super star .. But guess what he made the PL .. And scored at Old Trafford .. Not many academy rejects can say that. Dreams .. Very important !

Archived