Charlie Austin

North_Stand_Ram

For all the reasons mentioned in this thread Austin will not come to us. I am so sure that if he did come I would run round the Ipro naked with a rose between my clenched buttocks

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Strange yearnings said:

For all the reasons mentioned in this thread Austin will not come to us. I am so sure that if he did come I would run round the Ipro naked with a rose between my clenched buttocks

I just hope that, a) we do not get Austin or b) that the match is not televised when the rose between two cheeks thing takes place. Thorns in the (back) side springs to mind, even if you do end up smelling of roses.

We need a proven striker if we get promoted.We could pay a lot of money for a loan at Xmas to tide us over, with a view to buying. If QPR feel that they cannot make the play offs then Austin may come here to add a promotion to his CV.Austin is only going to go to a middle level Premier team at best.No team thought that he was worth £15 million, so how much would they have paid? What about £3 million loan at Xmas with option to buy?

Just realised that Austin will be free at the end of the season anyway. I suppose  I mean that Austin signs a pre-contract deal with us to join if we are promoted after we have paid to loan him.

Is it true that qpr tuned down £12 million in the summer? Doesn't sound like good business if he leaves for nowt next summer. Even in January his fee will be somewhere between £12 million and nothing. 

I don't think Martin will leave either ... If Sam and Mel can get Johnson to drop a division then they shouldn't have too much of a problem with this one. I'm sensing we may get Antonio on loan and Austin perm (but with some sort of promotion contingency payment to QPR) ... Then we can do a Thorne/ince thing on Antonio once he falls in love and if we go up. West ham will want to recoup every penny they paid Forest. 

I can remember sam and Paul saying they have spoken to quality strikers, but they said how do you convince someone that's as good as Martin to come here and sit on the bench.

If Austin does come, either martin is going (bad decision) or we will change the formation with Martin playing just behind Austin.

All comes down to the confidence Derby have in being PL next season. 

Is Martin going to keep us in the PL with his goals? Will he score 18 in the PL next season. Given his performances in big games and against PL opposition in the cups, I would have to say it's very very unlikely. Therefore should we get promoted, we will need a new front man. How much will that cost in the summer? £10m minimum. 

If they can get Austin for cheap in January, use him to help rotate during the run in, then have him as a number 1 striker next term. 

We would almost certainly get the same back for Martin, that we will pay for Austin from one of the newly relegated teams, or another team hell bent on throwing the sink at promotion from the Champ. 

Has the timing of this anything to do with mm's deal last week... It's a bit early for January window speculation otherwise. May just be paper talk. 

It does make me wonder .. With our midfield strength there must be a point at which we say a new winger is more useful so that we could genuinely go to 442 with proper wide men and 2 existing strikers and have a playable plan B

Archived