Charlie Austin

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely we've got no chance of signing Austin? If he is going anywhere it'll be to a premiership team?  

And really is he what we need?  Like Rhodes (and Martin) they are proven goal scorers,  but what they all lack is pace - I'd say that piece through the middle would be a way to develop our strike force - unless Martin was leaving that is

The only clubs I've seen linked with Austin are the ones fighting against relegation - Villa 8 million is the newest one. 1) he wouldn't cost that much due to his contract ending  and 2) he wouldn't sign knowing he'd be back in this league next season anyway.

Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa...

Where are the stable prem sides chasing him (Stoke, Leicester..)? We have  as good chance of anyone of signing him 

On 21 December 2015 at 20:06, irobinson said:

Dear Uncle Mel

can we have a new Charlie please?

i used to watch Charlie George when I was a kid - and he was magic

according to the papers and Watford and Leicester 4 4 2 is the new formation!??? Can we have that option?

with a new Charlie!!!!

There's only one Charlie George.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

My vote's for you.  On your posting ability alone I'm taking it you can walk the talk :ph34r:

He can stalk the fork and pork the Bjork.

On 27 December 2015 at 14:12, Papahet said:

The only clubs I've seen linked with Austin are the ones fighting against relegation - Villa 8 million is the newest one. 1) he wouldn't cost that much due to his contract ending  and 2) he wouldn't sign knowing he'd be back in this league next season anyway.

Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa...

Where are the stable prem sides chasing him (Stoke, Leicester..)? We have  as good chance of anyone of signing him 

Palace tried to sign him on deadline day and now they are in again by the look of it ! 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6827782/Alan-Pardew-set-to-splash-the-cash-on-Charlie-Austin-and-Loic-Remy-after-Patrick-Bamford-quit-storm.html

On 28 December 2015 at 00:10, eddie said:

He can stalk the fork and pork the Bjork.

And chalk the stork - OK I just made that up but I'm sure it could be a euphemism for something

2 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

And chalk the stork - OK I just made that up but I'm sure it could be a euphemism for something

And Mork the dork.

I think I'm as drunk now as when I came up with the first load of rubbish

1 hour ago, eddie said:

And Mork the dork.

I think I'm as drunk now as when I came up with the first load of rubbish

Then you'd better hawk the cork. Jeezus im as bad (and drunk ) as you. Time for beddy byes

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Find it interesting that both Pardew and Bilic have made it clear they are not interested in Austin. Seems like something is putting them off. 

They want a fortune for him, he's injured constantly and he's free in the summer anyway.

Archived