Charlie Austin

North_Stand_Ram

28 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Really?! What's your source? I think Routledge is just what we're missing.

My imagination. 

Works for The Mirror. That's the only way we're signing Austin. 

I can see Clement wanting wingers before even dreaming of asking for us to even consider Austin who will be on quite a few lower PL sides wanted list. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alpha said:

My imagination. 

Works for The Mirror. That's the only way we're signing Austin. 

I can see Clement wanting wingers before even dreaming of asking for us to even consider Austin who will be on quite a few lower PL sides wanted list. 

I don't care mate, I'm fixated on this Routledge business. We won't go up unless we sign him. I've always thought he was the missing piece of the puzzle, ever since we suddenly got linked with him. 20 goals a season at this level easy.

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I don't care mate, I'm fixated on this Routledge business. We won't go up unless we sign him. I've always thought he was the missing piece of the puzzle, ever since we suddenly got linked with him. 20 goals a season at this level easy.

I'm more interested in the Pelle rumour that I'm going to create in a minute. 

Invincible in the air, strong as a Huth Shawcross 2011 cross breed. He's got everything that Martin has got and more

Well I would think a struggling prem team might go for him, necastle or bournemouth or someone. Mind you would he fancy another relegation?

I can't see a proven Premier League striker coming to sit on our bench, behind Chris Martin, when there is no guarantee that we will be playing top flight football next season. We will be forced to overpay if it did happen anyway, as he's English. Simply put, it wont happen.     

1 hour ago, Rams Rant TV said:

I can't see a proven Premier League striker coming to sit on our bench, behind Chris Martin, when there is no guarantee that we will be playing top flight football next season. We will be forced to overpay if it did happen anyway, as he's English. Simply put, it wont happen.     

Why would anyone overpay when his contract expires in the summer?

IMO you don't need/want Austin at Derby.

He scores goals, lots, but for the vast majority of the game you're playing with 10 men.  If you play him as a lone front man he doesn't bring anything to the table other than finishing ability and off the ball movement.  He's not the kind of player who can hold the ball up or be a threat when drifting out wide, he's an out and out goal poacher.  Don't think he'd fit your system at all, you'd be relying on the other outfield players to do all the build up and put it on a plate for him, he's not capable of being the link up man.

Him and Jordan Rhodes are practically the same player (Austin is just that little bit stronger and better) and there's a reason neither of them are at a top 10 Prem side despite all the goals and plaudits they receive, because they're a luxury teams can't afford.

1 minute ago, ClaretMatt said:

IMO you don't need/want Austin at Derby.

He scores goals, lots, but for the vast majority of the game you're playing with 10 men.  If you play him as a lone front man he doesn't bring anything to the table other than finishing ability and off the ball movement.  He's not the kind of player who can hold the ball up or be a threat when drifting out wide, he's an out and out goal poacher.  Don't think he'd fit your system at all, you'd be relying on the other outfield players to do all the build up and put it on a plate for him, he's not capable of being the link up man.

Him and Jordan Rhodes are practically the same player (Austin is just that little bit stronger and better) and there's a reason neither of them are at a top 10 Prem side despite all the goals and plaudits they receive, because they're a luxury teams can't afford.

Are you sure you're not talking about Darren Bent here? :lol:

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Are you sure you're not talking about Darren Bent here? :lol:

I haven't seen enough of Darren Bent recently to comment.  I remember back in his Ipswich days he used to have a pace that Austin doesn't which gave him an added dimension, if he's lost that then he's probably similar.

24 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

I haven't seen enough of Darren Bent recently to comment.  I remember back in his Ipswich days he used to have a pace that Austin doesn't which gave him an added dimension, if he's lost that then he's probably similar.

He comes on for ten minutes at the end of the game about once a month and gets caught offside once or twice. Not sure he's lost all his pace but you'd be right to say he's not as quick as he used to be, hence why defenders find it so easy to trap him offside.

On 8 November 2015 at 13:15:35, RamNut said:

Didn't do much last week, and didn't cause us any problems at wembley either.

Marking him caused us to overlook the small matter of scoring (twice!) though.

Never overlook nuisance value.

Maybe we'll sign Zamora.:ph34r:

OK so this post is late, we all slow down as we get older!:whistle:

2 hours ago, steve brummie said:

Marking him caused us to overlook the small matter of scoring (twice!) though.

Never overlook nuisance value.

Maybe we'll sign Zamora.:ph34r:

OK so this post is late, we all slow down as we get older!:whistle:

yeah we certainly do, is "Z" cars on tonight :ph34r:

Archived