Charlie Austin

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In free transfers doesn't the player & agent usually get a much bigger fee? He could stay at QPR for 6 more months and end up with a few mil more after joining a new club in June.

On MOTD2 they also mentioned all the clubs at the bottom would want him to save them. He could join the likes of Bournemouth or Sunderland and still go down, so he'd be in the Championship again anyway. Makes more sense to wait and give yourself a fresh season to make an impact.

17 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Baffles me that the big teams don't take a risk on players like Austin. He scored for fun in a poor team, think how good he could be with good service. Man United brought on Nick Powell the other day, I know who id rather have as an option.

But QPR wanted £14mil, whilst he was injured.

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

But QPR wanted £14mil, whilst he was injured.

In the summer yes, I know he has said he isn't going anywhere in January but if the likes of United, Chelsea came sniffing he'd be daft not to go. It always seems to happen with English strikers though the big clubs won't take a risk on them for some reason even if they are proven goal scorers.

15 minutes ago, YouRams said:

In the summer yes, I know he has said he isn't going anywhere in January but if the likes of United, Chelsea came sniffing he'd be daft not to go. It always seems to happen with English strikers though the big clubs won't take a risk on them for some reason even if they are proven goal scorers.

He's free in the summer though, they know that and so does he. Works for everyone but QPR.

21 minutes ago, Srg said:

He's free in the summer though, they know that and so does he. Works for everyone but QPR.

Exactly, as a QPR fan surely you want him to go in January. It's unlikely (but granted, not impossible) they're going to get anything this season and then at the end of the season they lose a player that could net them £10-15m for nothing. 

11 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Exactly, as a QPR fan surely you want him to go in January. It's unlikely (but granted, not impossible) they're going to get anything this season and then at the end of the season they lose a player that could net them £10-15m for nothing. 

What a shame.

Imagine they were going to use that money towards paying the £65m they still owe the Football League...

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 10:44, SaintRam said:

Who is a QPR fan?

Archived