Charlie Austin

North_Stand_Ram

Like many of stated unless Martins going somewhere I can't see this happening ! Martin brings a lot more to the team and our style of play ! Then we've got plan b in Darren bent ! Proven goalscorer at every level ! Then further down the pecking order your going to have young lads knocking on the door (zanzala thomas Bennett McDonald ) !

28 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Where's the Antonio link?

That would make more sense ! Surely 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Like many of stated unless Martins going somewhere I can't see this happening ! Martin brings a lot more to the team and our style of play ! Then we've got plan b in Darren bent ! Proven goalscorer at every level ! Then further down the pecking order your going to have young lads knocking on the door (zanzala thomas Bennett McDonald ) !

I'm a big Martin fan but he fits our current style of play because the team is set up around him. Another type of striker would probably mean having to play a different system but that's not to say it couldn't be successful.

A Rams line up without Martin through choice? Heresy according to some but shouldn't be automatically discounted as a no-no. ?

maybe its time for a change.....

if Martin is wanted elsewhere.....'. up for Charlie Austin. Proper wholesome footballer

End of the day  - want best for the Rams and their plan into the Premiership....

Martin.    - I like him but - i don't like the diving and we are one trip with him............. he goes missing too much - he can't play any other way

I reckon Bent and Austin could be better  - at the Mo - its like Bent can't play because of Martin

31 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm a big Martin fan but he fits our current style of play because the team is set up around him. Another type of striker would probably mean having to play a different system but that's not to say it couldn't be successful.

A Rams line up without Martin through choice? Heresy according to some but shouldn't be automatically discounted as a no-no. ?

Totally agree ! That's why it's good to have a plan b and I wouldn't be against changing the system for a certain opponent! 

5 hours ago, ValeRam said:

I say it again - so you really believe that Bent is the one we should depend on as our 'second' striker , and that you believe he will come through when called upon ?

Simple question, simple answer required 

Required? What have you done exactly to be such a Billy Big Balls?

5 hours ago, ValeRam said:

I say it again - so you really believe that Bent is the one we should depend on as our 'second' striker , and that you believe he will come through when called upon ?

Simple question, simple answer required 

Can't answer for @daveo but yes I certainly do , bents being doing it for years scored important goals for us last season ! I still think he could play regularly in a fair few premiership teams ! He would score goals at whatever level he plays , granted he would be my 2nd choice at derby but he stepped up when he needed too last season !

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Why would Austin and his agent get 15 million ? Also 7 million signing on fee would be way off the mark.

Whether the fee goes to a club or directly to the player, there's still a fee. Free transfers aren't actually free. By running his contract down Austin hopes to get all the transfer fee himself. This is the way of the modern football world.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Whether the fee goes to a club or directly to the player, there's still a fee. Free transfers aren't actually free. By running his contract down Austin hopes to get all the transfer fee himself. This is the way of the modern football world.

Are you suggesting Austin would get a £15m signing on fee?

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Are you suggesting Austin would get a £15m signing on fee?

I don't think he's suggesting that much, but signing on fees for free agents can be massive.

Ayew to Swansea £5.7m - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-paid-andre-ayew-9495180

Gomis to Swansea £8m - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/11356258/Swansea-City-have-to-pay-Bafetimbi-Gomis-8m-signing-on-fee-to-leave.html

32 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Since when have internet forums not been social media?

Well ok but that's not really the point. Don't count Internet forums as social media in the same way as Facebook or Twitter myself but maybe some do.

The point I was making is when you do a hashtag on dcfcfans it doesn't do anything apart from unnecessarily hurting people's eyes.

Archived