Charlie Austin

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes no sense unless Bent leaves, and then you have to convince Austin he will get games here. If we are sticking with 1 striker and you are up against a player that's bagged 20 in his 2 previous season and wearing the captains armband.... 

No guarantees we'll be in the Prem either, stay at QPR, start games, score goals, wait until the summer on a free and join a Prem club. Will be takers.

Doesn't he have injury issues as well, the reason why West Ham were reluctant to go for him?

I think he'd be an excellent signing and reduce out reliance on Chris Martin - either as a direct back-up or part of a different formation.

However, I just can't see it happening. Whereas Mel might be happy to shell out the cash, we must be tight on FFP. I daresay that there's a little wiggle room for loans or bargain signings, but Austin is going to be £5m at the very, very least (probably double that or more) and he won't accept peanuts for wages. Unless we either sell someone significant or decode to risk an embargo, this just won't happen.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Makes no sense unless Bent leaves, and then you have to convince Austin he will get games here. If we are sticking with 1 striker and you are up against a player that's bagged 20 in his 2 previous season and wearing the captains armband.... 

No guarantees we'll be in the Prem either, stay at QPR, start games, score goals, wait until the summer on a free and join a Prem club. Will be takers.

Doesn't he have injury issues as well, the reason why West Ham were reluctant to go for him?

Think he failed the medical at Hull while ago, something to do with his knee. 

Archived