Super Paul Clement

Inverurie Ram

34 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You could not be more wrong as it happens....the very last thing I ever want in a manager is a "Harry redknapp/Tim sherwood" style manager... All I said was that I think Clement sounds like a school teacher and the power point presentation just highlights this  

and by the way.....famously, Sam Allardyce made a power point presentation for the England job......and you are happy that our manager is using similar techniques to Big Sam...? 

Clement is also allegedly a vegetarian. Like Hitler.

I am certainly not happy that our manager is a Nazi.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You could not be more wrong as it happens....the very last thing I ever want in a manager is a "Harry redknapp/Tim sherwood" style manager... All I said was that I think Clement sounds like a school teacher and the power point presentation just highlights this  

and by the way.....famously, Sam Allardyce made a power point presentation for the England job......and you are happy that our manager is using similar techniques to Big Sam...? 

Big Sam prepared a supposed whopper of a PowerPoint, but the FA didn't have the facilities to host a PowerPoint which ultimately prevented the inevitable shower of trophies a Big Sam England side would have brought us.

We'll have to settle for whatever his eventual spell at Real Madrid or Inter will bring us.

11 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Clement is also allegedly a vegetarian. Like Hitler.

I am certainly not happy that our manager is a Nazi.

It is an urban myth that Hitler was a vegetarian. 

Good on Mr Clement though...I am too...meat is murder. 

25 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

So because Clement used a PowerPoint to get across some facts and figures to a busy room of interested listeners with different levels of understanding, he's to be compared to Allardyce as a manager?

No...but I would say that it is very "teacher like" (which was my point)

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Big Sam prepared a supposed whopper of a PowerPoint, but the FA didn't have the facilities to host a PowerPoint which ultimately prevented the inevitable shower of trophies a Big Sam England side would have brought us.

We'll have to settle for whatever his eventual spell at Real Madrid or Inter will bring us.

I love that story...I like to think that the FA had enough about them to lie to Big Sam just to get him off their backs..!

8 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

How else is he meant to easily present a load of statistics to a crowded room of people?

Statistics.....now what do they say about statistics...?

seriously, you have the chance to talk to the manager of the greatest football club in the world and you want to hear about statistics..???

41 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Statistics.....now what do they say about statistics...?

seriously, you have the chance to talk to the manager of the greatest football club in the world and you want to hear about statistics..???

He did a Q&A later in the evening, it was a planned presentation...

What would you rather hear, his list of favourite holiday destinations or his underwear of choice???

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

It is an urban myth that Hitler was a vegetarian. 

Good on Mr Clement though...I am too...meat is murder. 

No...but I would say that it is very "teacher like" (which was my point)

I love that story...I like to think that the FA had enough about them to lie to Big Sam just to get him off their backs..!

using a PowerPoint to present information isn't teacher like, its using PowerPoint for what its meant for - presenting. He gave the audience information to digest, not use or learn from.

teachers use PowerPoint to present ideas and examples for students to use to learn from. Now if Clement had shown his presentation and then furnished the audience with activities to increase understanding of its content , maybe a bit of discussion. application and scenario questions, that's teacher like

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

using a PowerPoint to present information isn't teacher like, its using PowerPoint for what its meant for - presenting. He gave the audience information to digest, not use or learn from.

teachers use PowerPoint to present ideas and examples for students to use to learn from. Now if Clement had shown his presentation and then furnished the audience with activities to increase understanding of its content , maybe a bit of discussion. application and scenario questions, that's teacher like

Or if he'd decided he wants the best part of two months off during summer; that's teacher-like. 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

He did a Q&A later in the evening, it was a planned presentation...

What would you rather hear, his list of favourite holiday destinations or his underwear of choice???

I would rather cut my ears off than listen to a bunch of prepared statistics that's for sure... They mean nothing... For example Christiano Ronaldo has scored twice in his last 89 free kicks attempts...get rid of him he is useless....

I would much rather have heard Clements views on how well he thought we had been playing, how much room for improvement he thinks there is, what new philosophies he is trying to install, how he has adapted to living back in England and in the Derby area etc etc a lot more interesting than a PowerPoint presentation on how many times we have passed it in the oppositions half.....!!!

this whole week, with the "office worker signs new 5 year contract" and the plastic fans forum has left a horrible taste and smacks of everything that modern football should not be.

40 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I would rather cut my ears off than listen to a bunch of prepared statistics that's for sure... They mean nothing... For example Christiano Ronaldo has scored twice in his last 89 free kicks attempts...get rid of him he is useless....

I would much rather have heard Clements views on how well he thought we had been playing, how much room for improvement he thinks there is, what new philosophies he is trying to install, how he has adapted to living back in England and in the Derby area etc etc a lot more interesting than a PowerPoint presentation on how many times we have passed it in the oppositions half.....!!!

this whole week, with the "office worker signs new 5 year contract" and the plastic fans forum has left a horrible taste and smacks of everything that modern football should not be.

Er, I'm pretty sure that's what the presentation was for...

Boo clement out!!

I mean how dare he win games! how blooy dare he talk to the fans and show them some stats, what a ****! Seriously, sod off back to Real Madrid Clement! and take your unbeaten run with you!! he can't even make sure the team put in complete performances EVERY week! The fact that the opposition teams are even allowed to have possesion is just not good enough! 

I swear to god If he even dares to get us promoted, I'm going to be really, really angry!  We don't need your sort round here Clement, bring back Paul Jewell!! he's won promotion you know! 

Bloody PE teacher 

right guys?

Some people on here talk some *****. 

The guy was showing tables on a powerpoint, not explaining calculus. I guess you don't look at the league table because there are too many statistics on it for you?

To criticise our manager because of 5 tables showing things that he wanted to speak about to show how WELL we are doing this season is completely ridiculous. 

Archived