Super Paul Clement

Inverurie Ram

sorry of course you are right.....well I know it isn't as I was talking with a couple of ex players the other week and they said the same that he sounds like a PE Teacher on his first day at school. 

You're right, we'd all rather have clueless managers with the gift for a one liner like Steve Evans or Tim Sherwood in charge.  We all know soundbites and having your comments retweeted win you stuff...

I think he looks 100% more comfortable in interviews than he was on his first day.  Just as the performances of late show, he's very good at learning on the job.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, win ratio of 42.6% and only one 90 minute performance out of 14 games.............

Jury is still out ..........

From a man who's been a head coach for 6 months, with a boat load of new players. 

You'd think we'd gone 7 without a win, not 7 without a loss!

Sorry we aren't top of the league yet, super rams...

Yeah, win ratio of 42.6% and only one 90 minute performance out of 14 games.............

Jury is still out on what exactly?

"Performance" is subjective. What you think is good or bad, others can think the opposite.

Pragmatism dictates that the result is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more important than the performance!

You're right, we'd all rather have clueless managers with the gift for a one liner like Steve Evans or Tim Sherwood in charge.  We all know soundbites and having your comments retweeted win you stuff...

I think he looks 100% more comfortable in interviews than he was on his first day.  Just as the performances of late show, he's very good at learning on the job.

believe me I would rather have pretty much anyone than Tim Sherwood. But I don't think it's a coincidence that we have looked better since we got someone in the coaching team that has got that level of talking to players like Kevin Phillips has. 

Am I the only one that think all his interviews are painful to watch.?

I really couldn't give a **** how he comes across in interviews to tell the truth, It's how he comes across to the players that matters and going on our form so far I reckon his message is coming through loud and clear.

I'm glad he realised that our players suit a 433 system and just modified what we doing instead of wholesale changes. He has made us more organised and solid which is something we haven't been for along time and we still have plenty of firepower to win games. For me I would like him to be a bit more bold at times, ie in the Burnely game that I thought was there to be won but he is more pragmatic and I think come the end of the season we will be up there with a chance of going up.

Am I the only one that think all his interviews are painful to watch.?

I don't find them painful to watch at all. I don't find them enjoyable, per say, Not like an interview with Van Gaal or Klopp etc. but to me he just seems normal. I found McClaren painful to watch at times, clearly wearing a mask and repeating the same politicians responses. Clement seems genuine and honest, and I find that refreshing from the usual managerial tedium.

Sure, Sam Rush (for example) speaks in a more comfortable way, but that's to be expected also, PC has been a coach for a long time but this is the first job he's been subjected to interviews in on a regular basis.

Wish some of our previous managers only had a 42.6% win rate.

Just to point out if he wins the next 2 games he will have win rate of 50% and if we win the next 2 games after, 56% and the 2 after 61%, so after 6 games it can go up 20% do you see how ridiculous it is to be judging a win % so early in a managers reign? 

Yeah, we don't like factual percentages and you think its ridiculous to use them 14 games into his coaching stint- but quite happy it accept him as 'Super'  based on the same number of games....:D :D:D

Jury is still out on what exactly?

"Performance" is subjective. What you think is good or bad, others can think the opposite.

Pragmatism dictates that the result is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more important than the performance!

Performance comment I based on Clements interviews after each game.......

How can the jury still be out when you have yet to post anything remotely positive about him. You made your mind up weeks/months ago, so don't claim to be still on the fence.

I seriously think you would like him to fail just so you can say you told us so.

Performance comment I based on Clements interviews after each game.......

.....because as everyone knows, the post match interview is the most important part of being a head coach. WUM.

After expressing concerns at the "shaky" start, I've got to admit he's done a brilliant job since then to get the results and the points he has.

Looks like I was wrong in doubting whether he'd learn quickly enough, seems like he knew what he was doing all along.

Overall the club on and off the field looks to be in great shape.

Fair play.

How can the jury still be out when you have yet to post anything remotely positive about him. You made your mind up weeks/months ago, so don't claim to be still on the fence.

I seriously think you would like him to fail just so you can say you told us so.

He is judged by his results and they will be judged by our performances.....

I haven't seen anything yet that justifies the word 'Super' to be used ....

We have had very poor games, a fair few good 45 mins in others and one 90 minute where we did look very good, but that is out of 14 games.

Yes, he is head coach rather than a supportive role that he has had in the past, but he has come here as an experienced coach, he hasn't come here on a YTS, he has been given the best set of squad players in the championship, certainly the best midfield and strike force.

Things have in improved results wise through October and lets hope they are maintained through November.......

He is judged by his results and they will be judged by our performances.....

I haven't seen anything yet that justifies the word 'Super' to be used ....

We have had very poor games, a fair few good 45 mins in others and one 90 minute where we did look very good, but that is out of 14 games.

Yes, he is head coach rather than a supportive role that he has had in the past, but he has come here as an experienced coach, he hasn't come here on a YTS, he has been given the best set of squad players in the championship, certainly the best midfield and strike force.

Things have in improved results wise through October and lets hope they are maintained through November.......

I would have loved to see how Mac would have got on with his quality squad, I reckon he won 10 of his first 14 games in charge and with a much poorer team.......

Derby Telegraph is suggesting that Nigel Clough could be in the frame for the Florist job soon as Freedman is under pressure. Big night out on Nov 6th. 'The fixture that costs you your job'. Derby County v Nottingham Forest. It has been the downfall of a couple of managers so far. I think that Freedman is a good guy and he has got a difficult job there. Forest' situation has some strange similarities to Derby when he arrived.

Derby Telegraph is suggesting that Nigel Clough could be in the frame for the Florist job soon as Freedman is under pressure. Big night out on Nov 6th. 'The fixture that costs you your job'. Derby County v Nottingham Forest. It has been the downfall of a couple of managers so far. I think that Freedman is a good guy and he has got a difficult job there. Forest' situation has some strange similarities to Derby when he arrived.

Whilst there could well be truth in it, until he actually takes the job, he will always be linked to it.

Derby Telegraph printing it is one up from the  normal background rumblings though. Sounds more of a grapevine job to me.

The DET's current method of journalism seems to be "see what people are Tweeting about and stick some of them together". There's so much filler on that website it's laughable

Archived