Super Paul Clement

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like him. I do think sometimes he is a bit OTT with the stats though. Obviously it's important to him but referring to HT/FT stats after a win can be a bit draining I think. 

I'd like him to show a bit more emotion sometimes, but I think he's a bit too cool-headed for that. 

26 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

I really like him. I do think sometimes he is a bit OTT with the stats though. Obviously it's important to him but referring to HT/FT stats after a win can be a bit draining I think. 

I'd like him to show a bit more emotion sometimes, but I think he's a bit too cool-headed for that. 

Leave emotion to Jabba The Hut at Leeds, and the likes of Keegan. That's all they have

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

Leave emotion to Jabba The Hut at Leeds, and the likes of Keegan. That's all they have

I know, he's clearly much more composed and that's his style but with every interview I'm waiting for him to say something "normal". I hope he's saving it for Forest at home. 

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The style which we enjoyed under Mac was very much gung-ho which of course eventually caught up with us. Far more methodical, careful and controlled now whilst still pleasing on the eye. Well played Paul Clement. Upwards and onwards.

You say that but I disagree somewhat, I think we were too controlled under Steve McClaren at times last season and it almost became more difficult for the players as they weren't at a level to do it.

I remember making the point how we'd get into a lead and just sit on with possession, and our counterattacking was much slower. There were games last season when we barely created anything.

I was jealous seeing Bournemouth and Watford really push for more goals, getting midfielders forward and breaking beyond the strikers. They played how Derby did in the first season under McClaren.

It was no surprise to see Bryson tail off so badly last season, the bloke was restricted in his play. Cardiff away springs to mind, I think we only had three shots on the whole games - the two goals + the penalty miss.

I don't think we now are as fluid as a McClaren's first season, but we're so much more organised and stronger off the ball this season under Clement than we were last season.

11 goals conceded in 17 matches his actually pretty incredible. I like the way Clement speaks, he sounds intelligent, calm, aware of what's going on and tactically switched on.

I remember when people were making a big deal about how he went into the dressing room five minutes late for the Birmingham match away. It's quite clear now that he's very methodological in his approach.

Archived