Why Why Why Weimann

sage

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He just needs to calm down. He doesn't need to be flying about like a mad man and panicking when he gets the ball. 

Once he settled he got his head up a bit more. He started seriously looking to give Vydra an option. 

Big difference to the skipping gazelle that is looking for sticks to fetch. 

He still got to use that speed and energy but he seemed to put much more thought into what's going on around him rather than thinking he's in collecting steps on his fitbit.

Still got a lot to do imo to be anything like the sort of winger that a team in the promotion places would start with. But credit where it's due it's a step in the right direction.

I've criticised him plenty, but he absolutely deserves every ounce of praise coming his way tonight.

Never stopped running, worked hard to create things for Nugent and Vydra, and arguably deserved a goal too. 

The Lawrence signing laid down a marker for Russell and Andi tonight, and the latter certainly rose to the occasion. 

If GR can keep him playing at that level for the rest of the season, then he could be in for a really impressive campaign. 

Greg Cunningham is supposed to be one of the better Championship LB's too.

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He just needs to calm down. He doesn't need to be flying about like a mad man and panicking when he gets the ball. 

Once he settled he got his head up a bit more. He started seriously looking to give Vydra an option. 

He still got to use that speed and energy but he seemed to put much more thought into what's going on around him rather than thinking he's in collecting steps on his fitbit.

Still got a lot to do imo to be anything like the sort of winger that a team in the promotion places would start with. But credit where it's due it's a step in the right direction.

If that's the case Russell has no chance.

48 minutes ago, cosmic said:

MOTM today. Worked tirelessly. Looked a threat. You get the feeling if he continue to play like that all season he'll bag a fair few goals.

He did very well due to his non stop effort but that early chance to boot the ball into an empty goal should have been taken. Keogh was MOTM though in what was a champions league sort of performance. He was amazing defending, winning balls and attacking too.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So we like Weimann today yeah?

Johnny Russell still a c*** womble though?

We all have our crosses to bear.

Personally, I'd prefer us to have our crosses to hit our players now and again, but that's just me.

I began to wonder whether russell was fit.

he seemed reluctant to break forward and keep up with the attack. He was moving quite slowly?

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

Youve literally ready my mind as to what i was going to post

spot on assessment imo

Archived