Why Why Why Weimann

sage

I'd love a 442 but before we even discuss the midfield duo we haven't got a right winger .

Ince is better on the left or free/in the hole. I am not knowledgable enough to pick a front two who could work well together 

Bent Weiman / Martin Bent / Ince Martin / Ince Bent / Martin Weiman ???????? Even Hughsey could play behind the right front man as his foil/creator. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

This is a much clearer elucidation of the point that was concerning me.

I was merely reflecting on the NC days and how ordinary hughes and bryson looked in a 442. Admittedly they had far poorer players around them but they didn't look natural in it.

On the other hand might suit Johnson better.

Totally agree.

Leicesters 4-4-2 is based on getting the ball up the pitch very quickly, which doesn't suit Martin straight away. Okazaki is no slouch. Thorne, Hughes and Butterfield are intricate playmakers not players who counterattack at pace.

Leicester just seems to have struck the perfect team balance with players who are perfectly suited to their roles. We certainly wouldn't be in that situation with our current squad.

However we decide to play it has to make the most of our best players such as Hughes, Thorne and Martin.

Hughes and Bryson could do it in a two.

Thorne might look like Tom Huddlestone in there; the odd spine tingling pass and 80 minutes of strolling about not affecting the game. Hendrick, I think, still lacks a bit of positional sense and needs more support. Johnson has spent half the season impersonating a footballer and I'd like to see him leave. Butterfield can no way play in a two.

If Pearson has got the job, he will be doing it the 'Pearson Way' and anyone who does not like it may be told in no uncertain terms what changes that they need to make. All fluffiness will be replaced with short instructions. Clear leadership is what we now need on and off the pitch in order to get promotion. Mel may have to bite his tongue, hopefully under the weight of a lot of games won. A lot of posters on here will probably have to do the same.

I will nail my colours to the mast. Rampage wants wins and promotion with as attractive football as can be managed but not at the expense of losing games to games that we should beat. I held this view about Clement until he could no longer provide victories.

Total numbers of Burnley and Boro fans who are losing sleep about the quality of football that they played last year is ZERO.

Choice 1 - Promotion and regular attractive football

Choice 2.- Promotion without regular attractive football

Choice 3.- No promotion despite regular attractive football

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If Pearson has got the job, he will be doing it the 'Pearson Way' and anyone who does not like it may be told in no uncertain terms what changes that they need to make. All fluffiness will be replaced with short instructions. Clear leadership is what we now need on and off the pitch in order to get promotion. Mel may have to bite his tongue, hopefully under the weight of a lot of games won. A lot of posters on here will probably have to do the same.

I will nail my colours to the mast. Rampage wants wins and promotion with as attractive football as can be managed but not at the expense of losing games to games that we should beat. I held this view about Clement until he could no longer provide victories.

Total numbers of Burnley and Boro fans who are losing sleep about the quality of football that they played last year is ZERO.

Choice 1 - Promotion and regular attractive football

Choice 2.- Promotion without regular attractive football

Choice 3.- No promotion despite regular attractive football

Finally, someone who sees it exactly as I how do. 

People get so cut up about us having to play attractive football. If you can find me one person who'll wouldn't call for a managers head if we played well but got beat regularly and I'll find you a liar.... 

Post of the year for me. Thanks for talking complete sense.

Attractive football is more important to me because it gets Derby on TV more so I can actually watch the games :lol:

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Attractive football is more important to me because it gets Derby on TV more so I can actually watch the games :lol:

Thanks for the 'heads up' on that one, SaintRam :thumbsup:

We are not in the Premiership because too many heads went down! Set an icon example SR. Only joking :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Finally, someone who sees it exactly as I how do. 

People get so cut up about us having to play attractive football. If you can find me one person who'll wouldn't call for a managers head if we played well but got beat regularly and I'll find you a liar.... 

Post of the year for me. Thanks for talking complete sense.

First time that I have lined up with the Mafia, bob. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Thanks for the 'heads up' on that one, SaintRam :thumbsup:

We are not in the Premiership because too many heads went down! Set an icon example SR. Only joking :thumbsup:

Personally, as much as I'd enjoy success in the moment I'm certainly an outlier (and comfortable with being such) as I'm genuinely not really bothered by the idea of failing to find success. As long as I'm being entertained I don't really mind. I've never been able to generate the mindset of someone who feels like it all, really, matters. 

I barely checked the scores during NC's years, and that meant I didn't watch any football at all (other than international tournaments). If I'm not enjoying Derby then I'm not enjoying football, if I'm not enjoying football then that's quite a big loss for me, ya know? 

So yeah, it's more important to me that Derby remain entertaining :)

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Personally, as much as I'd enjoy success in the moment I'm certainly an outlier (and comfortable with being such) as I'm genuinely not really bothered by the idea of failing to find success. As long as I'm being entertained I don't really mind. I've never been able to generate the mindset of someone who feels like it all, really, matters. 

I barely checked the scores during NC's years, and that meant I didn't watch any football at all (other than international tournaments). If I'm not enjoying Derby then I'm not enjoying football, if I'm not enjoying football then that's quite a big loss for me, ya know? 

So yeah, it's more important to me that Derby remain entertaining :)

Good call, SaintRam.

Ramsplayer gives 46 full games for £50 albeit three days late.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Good call, SaintRam.

Ramsplayer gives 46 full games for £50 albeit three days late.

Yeah, I watch every game on it :D - usually in the background at work though. 

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do the Wolves fans think?

Had he signed, great player. Back at Derby, load of crap most likely.

Some Villa fans on their forum wanted him back during their relegation season though. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. I imagine Mac told him exactly how good a player he is. What do the Wolves fans think?

I hope Weiman does very well this season, so far for Derby he hasn't really produced the goods to be fair to him but his attitude seems good and he is clearly trying hard to impress and I hope we reap the benifits

Just now, Sparkle said:

I hope Weiman does very well this season, so far for Derby he hasn't really produced the goods to be fair to him but his attitude seems good and he is clearly trying hard to impress and I hope we reap the benifits

Can't argue with a player doing the best they can. Just don't think he's good enough. But of course there's a fair few 'not good enoughs' in front of him in the queue to leave I hope! :D 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't argue with a player doing the best they can. Just don't think he's good enough. But of course there's a fair few 'not good enoughs' in front of him in the queue to leave I hope! :D 

I have a sneaky feeling that he will prove a lot of people wrong this year. If we sign another winger I'd like to see him given a go behind Martin.

Saying that, playing Martin in front of Weimann - Vydra - Russell could cause some teams headaches. Especially if they have old legs in defence. They all like to chase down their man and force errors.

1 minute ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Saying that, playing Martin in front of Weimann - Vydra - Russell could cause some teams headaches. Especially if they have old legs in defence. They all like to chase down their man and force errors.

Totally agree with this, wait till Villa's OAP's of Alan Hutton, Chris Samba, John Terry & ermmm..Earl Barrett try to take us on!

Archived