Why Why Why Weimann

sage

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Carpet burns apparently. From giving a BJ to whoever he had to in order to finally get picked...

Why would they want Bradley? 

PistoldPete2
25 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'd like to see Weiman and Camara play in this team, at the same time and really stretch teams. With those two, Ince and JR it's pretty good. Just don't think we've used them in the right games

The problem is we see players have a good game or come on as sub and score then the next game they are sh1te. There's no consistency thru the team. I haven't seen anything to suggest camara would do us any good... Weimann tho I have but only in glimpses. 

He's better than what he's shown this season, in fact we've not seen the best of any of them because they don't get a run in the team, and then their being asked to do things they didn't do at their previous clubs 

I stand by what I said about Blackman as well, he's a top player at this level and if we played to his strenghts we'd see a different player. 

Right now we wont be making any money on them because who's going to pay top dollar for players that have been out of form all season? the only hope we have of recouping most of our outlay in the summer and january is if we cash in on Hughes, it would then help because we could easily offload the players we don't want (baird albentosa pearce shotton grant) a bit easier, knowing we can just sell them for peanuts and get them off the books, would also consider offloading Bent as well, its sad that a player with his scoring record gets 7 minutes in a big game with us needing a goal.

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 15:35, DerbyRam! said:

Dont forget i'm not actually sure i'd class weimann as a winger, i think he is quite like ince in a way, he can play on the wing it seems. But give him a chance in the middle and create a bit of space for him and he can do wonders........I reckon we'd get more out of him playing him close to martin running off him

Exactly what happened vs Hull,

I was at the game so I only have my view from my seat there, I'd like someone to watch the first 60minutes and watch his movement when we attack, he didn't play as a winger and moved close to Martin and the center when we went forward. I don't think it's any coincidence we looked better with him playing - when he went off and ince came on I thought it was at that point we lost it - ince does not do this and it hurts the way we play.

Had Weimann stayed on, I think we would have got that third....

PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

He's better than what he's shown this season, in fact we've not seen the best of any of them because they don't get a run in the team, and then their being asked to do things they didn't do at their previous clubs 

I stand by what I said about Blackman as well, he's a top player at this level and if we played to his strenghts we'd see a different player. 

Right now we wont be making any money on them because who's going to pay top dollar for players that have been out of form all season? the only hope we have of recouping most of our outlay in the summer and january is if we cash in on Hughes, it would then help because we could easily offload the players we don't want (baird albentosa pearce shotton grant) a bit easier, knowing we can just sell them for peanuts and get them off the books, would also consider offloading Bent as well, its sad that a player with his scoring record gets 7 minutes in a big game with us needing a goal.

Tricky cos weimann and Olson took knocks so that's what affected who gets on as sub. ince did nothing after he came on for weimann. 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

The problem is we see players have a good game or come on as sub and score then the next game they are sh1te. There's no consistency thru the team. I haven't seen anything to suggest camara would do us any good... Weimann tho I have but only in glimpses. 

That's what you get with wingers at this level though. In fact, wingers that perform consistently are a real commodity, it's why they go for an absolute fortune. When you play a 4-3-3, it's something you just have to accept. Russell, Ince & Ibe (probably our best 3 wingers from the past two years) have all torn teams to shreds in some games and looked incredibly average in others.. but look at any side in the football league and they'll have seen the same from their wingers too. 

I think Ince is possibly technically better than Weiman but I like the way Weiman fits into the team more, as someone said earlier - stretching the opposition. As soon as Ince came on he was picking the ball up behind Hughes and Bryson, sometimes even Hendrick. This caused me to shout at my wife and she did not have a clue what was going on bless her!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Are you thinking one of the 2 in a variant of 442?

Do we have the central midfielders for a 442?

Was thinking about a diamond formation but the Leicester fan who came on here earlier said that we are likely to play 4-4-2 do I can see us playing both Martin and Weimann up front with Martin dropping slightly off Weimann.

18 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Are you thinking one of the 2 in a variant of 442?

Do we have the central midfielders for a 442?

Leicester City have shown how to work a 442, and i think we do have the players to play the system, they just need to get used to it since we've been stuck to the 433 for such a long time now

back four is pretty much the same, one winger to provide a bit of magic [ince -> mahrez] the other for grafting, traditional, pacey, likes to get crosses in winger [Camara/Russel -> Schlupp/Albrighton] for the centre midfielders a playmaker [Thorne/hughes/butterfield -> drinkwater] with a 'destroyer/runner' [johson/hendrick/bryson/hughes?(he does have a phenomenal workrate) -> kante] for the strikers one to link up with the midfield (martin -> okozaki) and one to run in behind the defence [weimman/bent -> vardy]

(Carson)

(Christie)                   (Keogh)                         (Shackell)                         (Forsyth/Olsson)

(Ince) (Thorne/Hughes/Butterfield) (Hendrick/Bryson/Johson/Hughes?) (Camara/Russell)

(Weimman/Bent) (Martin)

obviously were heavy on midfielders and i would expect to see a few getting moved on, but i think weve got more than enough to play 442

5 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

Leicester City have shown how to work a 442, and i think we do have the players to play the system, they just need to get used to it since we've been stuck to the 433 for such a long time now

back four is pretty much the same, one winger to provide a bit of magic [ince -> mahrez] the other for grafting, traditional, pacey, likes to get crosses in winger [Camara/Russel -> Schlupp/Albrighton] for the centre midfielders a playmaker [Thorne/hughes/butterfield -> drinkwater] with a 'destroyer/runner' [johson/hendrick/bryson/hughes?(he does have a phenomenal workrate) -> kante] for the strikers one to link up with the midfield (martin -> okozaki) and one to run in behind the defence [weimman/bent -> vardy]

(Carson)

(Christie)                   (Keogh)                         (Shackell)                         (Forsyth/Olsson)

(Ince) (Thorne/Hughes/Butterfield) (Hendrick/Bryson/Johson/Hughes?) (Camara/Russell)

(Weimman/Bent) (Martin)

obviously were heavy on midfielders and i would expect to see a few getting moved on, but i think weve got more than enough to play 442

I'd argue only Bryson has the legs out of our midfielders to play in a 2 man midfield.

Doesn't suit Hughes Butterfield Thorne or Johnson.

6 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

I'd argue only Bryson has the legs out of our midfielders to play in a 2 man midfield.

Doesn't suit Hughes Butterfield Thorne or Johnson.

This is a much clearer elucidation of the point that was concerning me.

I was merely reflecting on the NC days and how ordinary hughes and bryson looked in a 442. Admittedly they had far poorer players around them but they didn't look natural in it.

On the other hand might suit Johnson better.

Archived