Why Why Why Weimann

sage

21 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

The funniest thing is that Weimann is a striker, he has a brilliant record scoring in the Premier League when up front.

Play him in a front two and I genuinely think he'd be a poor man's Jamie Vardy. He always puts in a shift, he's bloody fast and he's not a bad finisher.

Surely a rich man's Vardy based on transfer fees

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If he stayed on the pitch then I believe we would have got the third goal. Wassall stretched the game. When Ince came on he kept wanting to come inside which made it easier for the hull players

Agreed.

I think taking a player who was knackered and injured off really showed that Wassall does not have a clue.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agreed.

I think taking a player who was knackered and injured off really showed that Wassall does not have a clue.

Was meant to say Weimanm stretched the game for Wassall :p The ws are getting me confused

14 minutes ago, David said:

Ince is a great player, so is Weimann. 

Ince is only great if we dominate the opposition. That way his wasting posession by taking on one too many player, or trying to shoot through players doesn't look as costly. Tonight he tried a couple of shots that weren't really on then disappeared. He didn't do the running Weimann was despite being fresh as a daisy.

Think what we have learned this season is that it's better have different style wingers.

There's been plenty of games where Weimann couldn't dream of doing things Ince has done. And tonight the intensity suited Weimann.

Seeing Weimann run in behind constantly made me wish we'd been playing him in every game ever since Forsyth got injured. Players coming short to the ball, having nowhere to go, playing it back to the defenders/midfielders who now have no attackers to pass it to is pretty much the story of our season.

Definately missed his pace by not playing him more. As for Ince, DW did get more out of him than PC, but is still infuriating, and Im still not sure he suits us in the long run, despite the number of goals he did get this season.

As someone else eluded to in other threads, we really need a wide forward who can link up well with martin, bryson and everyone else... but can take on a player and maybe not short of pace. Ince is only good when he has space to work in.

This was the first game I've seen Weimann play where I actually thought he looked a decent player, so maybe that's what they saw in him? I recall when we signed him a friend who'd seen him play regularly at Villa said it was a "good signing". Once I saw him play a few times - I was baffled..

So maybe once the pressure was off and he had nothing to lose he finally threw off the mental shackles that were preventing him from shining?

I would have gladly offloaded him in the summer but on that performance I can finally see what we have - now just do it again Andi (and again and again and again)

3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

This was the first game I've seen Weimann play where I actually thought he looked a decent player, so maybe that's what they saw in him? I recall when we signed him a friend who'd seen him play regularly at Villa said it was a "good signing". Once I saw him play a few times - I was baffled..

So maybe once the pressure was off and he had nothing to lose he finally threw off the mental shackles that were preventing him from shining?

I would have gladly offloaded him in the summer but on that performance I can finally see what we have - now just do it again Andi (and again and again and again)

I don't think there were any mental shackles. 

I think this is the first game he's played for us whether the coach has asked him to do what he wants to do. Run in behind, use his rapid pace.

Not sure if he's played much under Wassall, if he has it's been generally sub appearances (Brighton where he scored is all I can remember).

For Clement he was asked to do the same as all the other attackers, come to the ball and keep possession, which is not what he's good at it. He's not a technical player, he's a fast, direct (and fairly clinical) player. 

Just now, trevor1946 said:

IT worries me that it took a season and 2,5 million,to decide weather he was a good player or not.

Why pay that sort of money,for someone ,you are not going to play.

Forgot Mels here

Blame PC

With regard to our signings this season, I do not think that any have been a waste of money, I think that we have not made best use of them. We bought them at about market value and we have done what we have done with them. We had enough players to win this league this season. We could not get them to play to their best level of ability often enough.

Some diabolical fouls last night. I would, after watching replays would have sent off four players from Hull over two legs and Shackell from the Rams. How Snodgrass and Livermore finished games, I know not. A major reason why we lost this tie was poor refereeing by not dealing with cynical fouls. To win this league we need to bully some teams and to play dirty whether it passes for football or not is another question.

Archived