Why Why Why Weimann

sage

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Much better. Think Russell will be dropped. All effort again tonight but no end product. Was his shot yet again a pass back to the Goal Keeper or a shot?

I'd hope that Russell is dropped and Weimann moved onto the right with Lawrence on the left... But knowing how much Russell is protected, it'll be Weimann who's dropped. Russell was significantly below his normal s**** standard last night. 

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

I'd hope that Russell is dropped and Weimann moved onto the right with Lawrence on the left... But knowing how much Russell is protected, it'll be Weimann who's dropped. Russell was significantly below his normal s**** standard last night. 

Why would you change Weimann's role after last night.

Lawrence shouldn't automatically just displace someone, would be bad for confidence.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Two people behind me was defending him. He's like Marmite. I do want him to do well as he works hard but nothing is coming off good for him. He needs a few games with some goals to get some confidence as you can tell he has 0% confidence at the moment.

Think a new club will benefit him and us in some ways.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why would you change Weimann's role after last night.

Lawrence shouldn't automatically just displace someone, would be bad for confidence.

To be fair to Weimann, he showed last night that he can play on both sides. He swapped with Russell a few times throughout the game. 

He clearly is happy playing RW. 

Lawrence is most dangerous on the LW. 

The whole reason we signed him was to be a threat, he needs to be played in his best position to be a threat. 

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

To be fair to Weimann, he showed last night that he can play on both sides. He swapped with Russell a few times throughout the game. 

The whole reason we signed him was to be a threat, he needs to be played in his best position to be a threat. 

Is Lawrence capable of playing both wings?

How many times have you seen him play to conclude where he is at his most dangerous?

44 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Most of the goals he's scored don't seem to show him stuck on the wing tbh, but I'm no expert.

Weimann and Vydra seem to be where the real link up play appeared last night. Two fast thinking and skillful players playing off each other. Hopefully both can stay fit as they're both going to be real assets this season, Throw Lawrence into the mix plus Martin/Nugent and the front 4 will be very strong this season. 

Long live the 4-2-3-1, Viva La Rowett Revolution

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2015 at 10:59, sage said:

Why have we signed Weimann?

We already knew a pacy poacher who can't hold the ball up doesn't fit our main system.

We can't play as a wide man in a front 3, making Russell look like Hazard,

Was it because we could?

For those who think this is harsh, ask yourself this question. If someone offered the £2m we paid for him would you take it?  

Nice to see that now we are playing in style that suits him, he is doing pretty well, especially away from home. 

10 minutes ago, sage said:

I still wouldn't start him at home against teams that are likely to sit back as counter attacking with space behind the back 4 is his strength. 

Why may I ask would you not start him against teams who sit back? He is a better finisher than any of our other wide players. I do agree we need to tweak the team in such games but would suggest lose 1 of the DM’s or 3 at the back would create the extra body we need to break down a crowded defence. He seems the embodiment of a confidence player to me. A good run of games would be far better than benching the lad in my opinion 

Archived