The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're not all bad. My workmate is a 'boro fan and he had this to say:

"Sounds like we got away with it by all accounts, deserved equaliser. My brother went and he was gutted by derby deserved a share. I'd say two times stifling each other out sums it up. We'll be that team again this year - get a goal away and try to see it out, shame really. My bro said you looked good but the injuries stopped you playing the way you wanted to. You need to learn how to win ugly and we need to learn how to kill teams off. As you say a point is a good result for both."

Boro forum has a "Live football" thread similar to the one we have. This is what they reckon to us vs Brum.

"Have a sneaky feeling that this could be Derby's first 3point tally game." - Downsouth

"Birmingham have started well and beaten Reading at home and gained a draw at Burnley. It's going to be a tough game for Derby, and I can easily see Birmingham snatch a point or maybe a win. They also had a really good second half of the season last year." - Borodane

"Derby will blow Birmingham away on friday night." -Humpty

Mix of opinion. Certainly some belief amongst them though that we're better than our results are suggesting.

To be fair, how many teams will dominate play like we did against Boro this season? Fairly obvious we are just needing time to gel. We've conceded two unlucky goals in three games. Our only real issue is injuries that have crippled us first half in two of the three games.

Think our central midfield injuries will hold us back for a while, makes the Brum game that bit tougher.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what oppositions teams thinks of our 2 signings today?

Well Brighton have a whole thread dedicated to it: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?326343-Derby-extend-their-going-for-it-programme-to-really-going-for-it

And apparently the club is arrogant for trying to improve the team

"Underlying arrogance about this club .... hope they get stuffed this season."

There is the occasional nice comment in that thread though

"Of all the big spenders, I do think Derby fans "deserve" to see success the most. People forget that before Nigel Clough departed, they were bang average for years and years and yet their support patiently held up. Then they started seeing a winning team, mostly from cheap buys and home produced players and still refused to splash out for immediate success."

Fek em all. I have said in the past, it's sad that we couldn't have done it a couple of years ago when we would have had the admiration of all the football league. If we do it this year we'll have 'bought the league'. But we've been patient for a long, long time, this is overdue. Like having shitty holidays for years so you can save up for an amazing found the world cruise, and ten all your mates thinking your suddenly billy big ****** with your posh holiday. 

Now we've got a squad that really wouldn't look out of place in the premier league. If we go up now, we'll have found our mojo and we'll have no problems. If we'd have gone up then, who's knows, we might have done a Blackpool, fought valiantly, earned the admiration of the league, but ultimately got relegated and have to start all over again. 

Mots time to get ruthless. We have the means to **** all over this league, let's just do it, get ourselves up, and never look back. 

From ltlf

"I've read Morris overpaid for his stake to help their FFP situation, maybe Fawaz should sell us to his wife?".

Reply "Don't be silly, you'll not find 2 people so stupid living at the same address!", or words to that effect.

Who's Crewton Ram on the Brighton board? 

Good posts fella. Not arrogant and didn't bite at the local drongo. 

That's one of the best forums for other clubs. Good football talk on their. Don't mind Brighton actually. 

Think they're looking at the league table too early though. It really doesn't matter how many points ahead or behind anyone is. It's about grabbing as many points as possible before worrying about who's got what. 9pts is 9pts. But if there's a 9pts gap in January then you have go start taking that team seriously. 

Hope they do well.

From ltlf

"I've read Morris overpaid for his stake to help their FFP situation, maybe Fawaz should sell us to his wife?".

Reply "Don't be silly, you'll not find 2 people so stupid living at the same address!", or words to that effect.

As far as I know, Morris overpaying (or underpaying or whatever) won't make any difference to FFP.  It's a transaction between Morris and the american owners, none of the money will have come in or out of the club itself as part of the sale.

This is my favourite post from the Brighton forum:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?326343-Derby-extend-their-going-for-it-programme-to-really-going-for-it&p=7063225&viewfull=1#post7063225

I'll be amazed if Huddersfield can't find an adequate replacement for Butterfield for a fraction of the cost. He's always stuck me as an average Championship defender.

Archived