The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this interesting on a Charlton forum

cafctom Member
August 16

Derby look strong - genuinely think Richard Keogh is the best defender in the division. He can do it all.

Aside from the captaincy, it seems.

Seems a completely different player - and the fans are getting behind him again too.

correct me if I am wrong, Did Keogh go to ground, deflecting the shot into the top corner?

I wonder if standing up might've been better!

not sure if I've seen anyone else comment, but trying to find fault with Keogh for the deflection is harsh, why not question why man of the match Thorne didn't put a proper challenge in immediately before the shot? Watch the goal again and try to defend Georgie boy! 

not sure if I've seen anyone else comment, but trying to find fault with Keogh for the deflection is harsh, why not question why man of the match Thorne didn't put a proper challenge in immediately before the shot? Watch the goal again and try to defend Georgie boy! 

I'm not trying... it IS a fault.

I wonder if standing up might've been better!

Standing up is nearly always better. With his diving in he got under the ball instead of blocking it. Personally, I was not that impressed with either of our central defenders on Saturday. Charlton had too many opportunities to have a shot from central areas for my liking. I guess it will take time to gel between the two of them.

Thorne would have brought the player down and collected a booking from his position. Both of the central defenders had their back to the player as he shot which was very, very poor.

Ok, I'll say it:

If Thorne had of done his job then Keogh wouldn't have had a shot to block!

Wait for the haters.......

Generally I do agree though, I hate players flying into challenges, whether that be Keogh going to ground or Bryson running at full speed to close someone down, which is easily sidestepped (and often is)

Thorne would have brought the player down and collected a booking from his position. Both of the central defenders had their back to the player as he shot which was very, very poor.

possibly, I think later in the season when sharper and more confident in his fitness he would have made the challenge

Ok, I'll say it:

If Thorne had of done his job then Keogh wouldn't have had a shot to block!

Wait for the haters.......

Generally I do agree though, I hate players flying into challenges, whether that be Keogh going to ground or Bryson running at full speed to close someone down, which is easily sidestepped (and often is)

No hating!! I think Keogh is generally a decent player at this level. It is just this diving in thing really lets him down.

No hating!! I think Keogh is generally a decent player at this level. It is just this diving in thing really lets him down.

I was thinking more of me daring to criticise Thorne and I was expecting to be hammered for it..... maybe later when everyone's back from work!

Archived