The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, 

Just wanted to make you aware of this video I made about your new signing, Bradley Johnson. I am aware I'm not a Derby fan but do have a soft spot for you because of Chris Martin and now Bradley Johnson. I am a Norwich City fan and run a Norwich City fan channel called, TalkNorwichCity. I recently made a video about Johnson leaving and what he can bring to your team. I hope that you enjoy it and take something from it. If you do enjoy it please do feel free to share it around with your mates and on this forum as I'm not too sure how to make a post on here yet. Enjoy guys! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDa9Ggf3x0

Who do they think they are?

Each side will have their idiot fan, just the sensible ones aren't worth posting in here! I presume he hasn't watched any of our games and just gone on the fact that we hadn't won a game before today.

I expect had we beaten Charlton and Brum which we maybe deserved to do, he'd have been saying it was a very good result for them against a strong side but hey ho. I found the comment quite amusing

Each side will have their idiot fan, just the sensible ones aren't worth posting in here! I presume he hasn't watched any of our games and just gone on the fact that we hadn't won a game before today.

I expect had we beaten Charlton and Brum which we maybe deserved to do, he'd have been saying it was a very good result for them against a strong side but hey ho. I found the comment quite amusing

I heard someone say we should be winning 5-0 today in matchday chat, so yeah, all clubs have got them

The same person said we were always going to beat Preston and that it was never going to be anything other than a stroll. Oh if only.

Wonder if Clement took 4 minutes and 52 seconds to go in and do the team talk and that's why we didn't win 5-0.

Few quotes from PNE forum...

"Outclassed today by a team who have incredible strength in depth, started slowly but are going to be up there. Johnny Russell looked one hell of a player, pace and an end product every time he got the ball. He made two chances for Martin, both of which were taken brilliantly, he's like a Championship version of Garner. Tom Ince was a passenger, did nothing all day. On the subject of Derby players, get well soon Chris Baird, him and Garner made honest challenges and he came off worse. Hope he's okay."

"Bottom line was though that Chris Martin, Johnny Russell and Brad Johnson were simply too good for us. Russell in particular is a hell of a player."

"Garner was outclassed by the best player on the pitch, Jason Shackell."

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=128120

A lot of them seem happy to have put in a decent performance against us but then also call us bang average. And many of them state they'll easily finish above us this season

I'll probably regret saying this, but I don't think Derby will be challenging at the end of the season. They didn't look as good as last year imho. Their style of play reminded me a lot of most of our football last season. Quite slow, not a great deal up front and Chris Martin makes Pogrebnyak look quick and mobile, and falls over more. Very unimpressed. Ipswich looked a much greater threat until the third goal went in.

Not too much to worry about, still a very good passing perfomance really. Sa lost us that one. Derby bang average and very fortunate, their fans will dine out on that all year. Worst chant of the season thus far re; "we built your aeroplanes".

I thought Clarke's post match comments were a bit odd:

Reading manager Steve Clarke:

"I haven't seen the red card. One or two people said it was a bit silly, others said it was a bit soft. Until I actually get a look at it again, it's hard to judge.

"It certainly changed the game as 11 against 11, one good team was trying to win it, the other half-decent team was trying to make sure it got a point from the game.

"It's harsh to judge us on tonight as we lost against a good team, who will certainly finish in the top six, and we handled them well."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34182019

So is he saying THEY were half decent and trying to get a point? Because he states there was ONE 'good' team and then next line says they lost against a 'good' team...

Contradicting yourself within two breaths is a sure sign of a moron for me...

Archived