The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

blaming keogh for the goal is stupid, if he stays up then he doesnt make the challenge, if the ball still went in the back of the net then he would be criticised for not making a challenge

people have been complaining about the fact their players were allowed a bit of time to run at goal, yet when we make a challenge people still moan

its not like he did something ridiculous and passed the ball to the defender, missed a header or got caught with the ball at the edge of our box, he made a challenge it it deflected off him, the 9 other times out of 10 the shot is blocked or goes wide and everyones clapping "what a good challenge"

sometimes you just cant win

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this particular instance the guy was lining up a clear shot on goal. Does the defender try to block the shot or stand up and let him shoot?

no of course not. He gets himself into a better position so that his body is face on and open to the attacker. He doesn't have his back to the situation (and neither should Shackell have done). 

Hahaha, there isn't half some garbage on here at times. 

So we're now working out if the deflected goal was Keogh or Thorne's fault. 

Are we gonna do this for every goal we concede this season?

A new 'Who's to blame today?' thread please.

isn't this a forum? I am not hung up about Keogh's weakness, it's what happens with championship level players. 

blaming keogh for the goal is stupid, if he stays up then he doesnt make the challenge, if the ball still went in the back of the net then he would be criticised for not making a challenge

people have been complaining about the fact their players were allowed a bit of time to run at goal, yet when we make a challenge people still moan

its not like he did something ridiculous and passed the ball to the defender, missed a header or got caught with the ball at the edge of our box, he made a challenge it it deflected off him, the 9 other times out of 10 the shot is blocked or goes wide and everyones clapping "what a good challenge"

sometimes you just cant win

I suspect that when the goal is discussed with the team over the video, they won't quite see it like you do. 

Seems a completely different player - and the fans are getting behind him again too.

Ive always rated keogh, but i think his been a level above so far this season.

correct me if I am wrong, Did Keogh go to ground, deflecting the shot into the top corner?

How well do you think Keogh's performed so far, @Mostyn6?

There are legitimate negative points to be made about Keogh.

But to blame him for that goal is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. 

I think it is more a case of he doesn't always help the situation - but he is a reasonable championship defender who up to now has been ok this season.

I stubbed my toe earlier. I instinctively shouted "Keogh you useless bawbag" because its his fault like crop failure and the rise of  Islamic state.

I did the same... but screamed "Grant! FFS! How could you drop my toe onto the floor?!"

I suspect that when the goal is discussed with the team over the video, they won't quite see it like you do. 

if Keogh's teammates blame him for the goal then i seriously worry about the 'right mentality' that players have to be when signing for us

if Keogh's teammates blame him for the goal then i seriously worry about the 'right mentality' that players have to be when signing for us

Why would they blame him for the goal? Every game is littered with mistakes.

It is not a question of blame, more a question of hopefully continued improvement on players weak points.

I didn't like the way that both Keogh and Shackell had their backs to the player taking the shot, it's not a huge deal but would expect that it would be pointed out to them at the post Charlton match meeting. Following that, maybe they will make sure that in future, where possible, they are facing the player taking the shot.

Archived