The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Tractor-boys.com matchday thread ....

As usual, Derby were dirty *****.

Also rapidly losing faith in Knudsen, the guy can't seem to get anything right. It wasn't a bad performance, Derby were more than happy to sit back, elbow, kick and slap their way to the win in the second half. Nearly as unlikable as Norwich.

How were Derby dirty or cheating? There weren't any contentious calls, no controversy. Derby committed few fouls, there weren't any professional fouls, there weren't any dangerous tackles.

Martin, Johnson and Butterfield all got themselves into little scraps - but that's expected, it's a physical game.

The worst foul in the entire match was Berra's Nigel de Jong moment - at least Ince won the ball when he went high up. And didn't their midfield hack down Russell from behind to get a yellow - professional foul?

I honestly don't get the idea from that Derby were cynical, dirty, cheating or whatever. What a rather odd statement to make. Were Derby pretty? No. Were they superb on the counter? No. 

Plenty of ammunition to suggest Derby were pretty average... But dirty, cheating etc... How bizarre.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

How were Derby dirty or cheating? There weren't any contentious calls, no controversy. Derby committed few fouls, there weren't any professional fouls, there weren't any dangerous tackles.

Martin, Johnson and Butterfield all got themselves into little scraps - but that's expected, it's a physical game.

The worst foul in the entire match was Berra's Nigel de Jong moment - at least Ince won the ball when he went high up. And didn't their midfield hack down Russell from behind to get a yellow - professional foul?

I honestly don't get the idea from that Derby were cynical, dirty, cheating or whatever. What a rather odd statement to make. Were Derby pretty? No. Were they superb on the counter? No. 

Plenty of ammunition to suggest Derby were pretty average... But dirty, cheating etc... How bizarre.

Berra did well to stay on the pitch, already on a yellow and brings Russell down without touching the ball. Only reason he did was that we scored from it.

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

And that's just the family area of the north stand!

Guilty as charged - everyone's fair game as far as the Memsahib is concerned.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

We won?

That's usually enough for the webbed-fingered ones.

Derby - a whinging diving team that are hard to like - played a classic away game today with rock solid , well organised defence ( Thorne as holding midfielder did a masterclass) and frightening speed to buzz off martins hold up play. Once in front , they squeezed the life out of us and the game

Agree with most of this, but I can't remember us diving at all? 

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Derby - a whinging diving team that are hard to like - played a classic away game today with rock solid , well organised defence ( Thorne as holding midfielder did a masterclass) and frightening speed to buzz off martins hold up play. Once in front , they squeezed the life out of us and the game

Think we get immune to Martin

From the comment section of The Guardian

Derby are a filthy, cheating disgrace of a team. Which before anyone snipes, "sour grapes", has nothing to do with the result, I don't begrudge a defeat to a decent side, I do object to blatant gamesmanship, cheating and dangerous play. I'd rather my team were bottom of the league than have to support a side like that.

They are really not happy with us. Shame

One of the more sensible posts from the tractor boys forum

Today was so frustrating as there was absolutely nothing in the game and it was won by a very fortunate bounce which went Derby's way after Berra and a Derby player had gone in for a crunching tackle, fair play to Ince who finished it and as to whether he was offside it was hard for me to tell.

We certainly don't need to be downbeat as for me we matched them all the way, maybe they had that little bit more solidity about them at the back but we still had a couple of good chances which we failed to take, Gerken made a save in something like the 92nd minute which was his only save of the match so we werent under the cosh. For me a draw would have been the fair result.

I am with Jack on Knudsen and it isnt just me, everyone around me are far from convinced, he just does not cut it at this level, his bloody throw ins actually put us under pressure as time and time again the opposition break and nearly catch us out, for me this is our one real weakness right now.

9 minutes ago, Donny Ram said:

One of the more sensible posts from the tractor boys forum

Today was so frustrating as there was absolutely nothing in the game and it was won by a very fortunate bounce which went Derby's way after Berra and a Derby player had gone in for a crunching tackle, fair play to Ince who finished it and as to whether he was offside it was hard for me to tell.

We certainly don't need to be downbeat as for me we matched them all the way, maybe they had that little bit more solidity about them at the back but we still had a couple of good chances which we failed to take, Gerken made a save in something like the 92nd minute which was his only save of the match so we werent under the cosh. For me a draw would have been the fair result.

I am with Jack on Knudsen and it isnt just me, everyone around me are far from convinced, he just does not cut it at this level, his bloody throw ins actually put us under pressure as time and time again the opposition break and nearly catch us out, for me this is our one real weakness right now.

He also made a save from Johnson (it might have been going wide) but more importantly he failed to make a save from Ince.

7 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

7 hours ago, Srg said:

Think we get immune to Martin

I think it's Keogh's ballerina show, which can be seen almost every game.

Archived