Hendrick - Aston Villa

ChaddesdenRam

​No.

​Alright calm down.

He's 19, played 14 times for Villa and was at Notts County last season, not exactly groundbreaking stuff that puts him miles out of our reach. I did say remotely realistic, I never stated he would be the player involved. Simply put there's hardly a lot of options for this swap-deal player

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Alright calm down.

He's 19, played 14 times for Villa and was at Notts County last season, not exactly groundbreaking stuff that puts him miles out of our reach. I did say remotely realistic, I never stated he would be the player involved. Simply put there's hardly a lot of options for this swap-deal player

​And he's been one of their best players during those 14 games. As much as I'd love him to come here, there's now a lot of hype around him that puts him well out of the reach of a Championship club.

I think the player in question would be Chris Herd or Ashley Westwood. Both young-ish, promising players who haven't quite cut it at the top level but would be intriguing enough for this league to sway the deal.

remember though, if Jordan Henderson was worth £20m a couple of years ago, in relative terms, Hendrick has got to be worth £12m-£16m.

Sure, his performances have been short of quality in recent months, but he's still got that quality there somewhere.

Hendrick is better for us than say Tom Huddlestone ever was. 

Derby fans find it too easy to dismiss players.

Added to that he's a Full International too. £5m plus a player is not an unrealistic expectation. IMO that is. 

£5m for a player who struggles with the basics :lol: 

It would be a fantastic deal for us. I like the guy, but he can't play in a midfield two and he's been carried by the likes of Hughes and Thorne. Him alongside Bryson in a midfield two is a League One midfield.

Problem with Hendrick is too much to rectify in order to become a top player. He can't pass, his movement is poor, his football intelligence is as bad as Forsyth, he's weak in the tackle, he's clumsy etc.

No doubt he has good attributes, but he's very much a Lewis McGugan type. You think he's good, but on the face of it, he really is just average. 

Also whoever said Huddlestone did nothing in comparison? Hudds was a 16-year-old DM often playing at CB and he instigated plenty of attacks with accuate passing. 

With Hendrick, a lot of the time our attacks break down when he gets the ball because he has average ball control and is sloppy in possession. 

Also sorry Ambitious, but Surman is miles better technically.

All IMO of course.

​I agree with some of this but, 'He can't pass.' Don't be so daft, he wouldn't have more assists than any other Derby player if he couldn't pass ....

Senderos is a right donkey - always had a good laugh when he played for Arsenal

So a player with over 150 premiership appearances (over half of which are for a top 4 side), spells at Milan and Valencia and over 50 appearances for a top ten FIFA ranked international side (and is their captain) is not good enough for Derby?

You're right we need to find much better.

​I agree with some of this but, 'He can't pass.' Don't be so daft, he wouldn't have more assists than any other Derby player if he couldn't pass ....

​I suppose his assist for Bent v Brentford is included in that statistic ;);)

8 pages for a Sun article that hasn't even been proven to exist yet. Ah summer transfer window, how I've missed you...

When's the football back on?

Pre season is in July 

Season starts on 8th August. 

​Assists aren't a true reflection though.. You can get assists for controlling the ball poorly, as Ben Davies did before Hendrick netted that goal against Forest.

I might have been harsh by saying Hendrick can't pass, but I'd say he's one of the worst in our XI when it comes to it. Martin, Dawks, Brys, Hughes, Ince and even Buxton for instance have better ball control/passing.

​Assists aren't a true reflection though.. You can get assists for controlling the ball poorly, as Ben Davies did before Hendrick netted that goal against Forest.

I might have been harsh by saying Hendrick can't pass, but I'd say he's one of the worst in our XI when it comes to it. Martin, Dawks, Brys, Hughes, Ince and even Buxton for instance have better ball control/passing.

​I'll have a tiny little flutter with you @Bris Vegas if you're up for it. A bottle of Mexico's finest Tequilla if I'm right vs a bottle of Polands finest vodka (or sliwowka if you prefer)

One I wouldn't be surprised to see Dawks told he can leave in the summer

Two, if he does go, I'll bet its not to a team above Derby. I think he'll be very lucky to get another championship move.

Hendrick is a much better talent with much more potential.

Dawkins is massively over rated by a few on here, he's neat and tidy but offers bugger all. (that't not to say i don't wish the lad all the very best with whatever personal issues he's having cos he seems to be a really genuinely positive lad,

As I'm London based I don't see as much of Derby as the others on here. But I still remember Dawkins scoring a wonderful goal against Fulham in the Cup last season. That was a joy to watch

Are we banned from bringing in replacements?

Good contribution... :huh:

On the basis that we've pretty much always had 4 wingers (and have almost always subbed our wingers during games) I would imagine we'll have 4 next season too

With Ince and Lingard going back, and Ward leaving we'll be down to 2 wingers (not including youth team)

You really think it's likely that we'll get rid of Dawkins and then go out and get 3 more wingers?!?!?

Good contribution... :huh:

On the basis that we've pretty much always had 4 wingers (and have almost always subbed our wingers during games) I would imagine we'll have 4 next season too

With Ince and Lingard going back, and Ward leaving we'll be down to 2 wingers (not including youth team)

You really think it's likely that we'll get rid of Dawkins and then go out and get 3 more wingers?!?!?

​I think Calero will be around the first team a lot more this season. And I think even if Dawkins stays we'll try and sign another 2 wingers as his future lies as a central midfielder

Archived