Hendrick - Aston Villa

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Take it you didn't attend the 2nd leg of the Play-Offs last year then?

Hendrick was nothing short of extraordinary that night, even outclassed Hughes. The back end of last season, Hendrick came into his element; he was scoring 30 yard wonder goals for fun and bossing the midfield.

It's a shame he never found that sort of form again this year, similarly to Bryson, but he's certainly capable and therefore easily worth £5 million considering his age.

​I maybe a tad harsh but you can count on your fingers the stand out performances. I agree he was much improved the back end of last season but he's gone backwards this one. We could reject bids and he unlocks his potential week in week out, personally id cash in.

​Take it you didn't attend the 2nd leg of the Play-Offs last year then?

Hendrick was nothing short of extraordinary that night, even outclassed Hughes. The back end of last season, Hendrick came into his element; he was scoring 30 yard wonder goals for fun and bossing the midfield.

It's a shame he never found that sort of form again this year, similarly to Bryson, but he's certainly capable and therefore easily worth £5 million considering his age.

​I think maybe we watched different games that day... That match was basically the Will Hughes show... He dictated the game from start to finish... the most complete display I've seen from him... I mean it helped that the entire team was sublime that day...

Have to say I'd be gutted to see any of the squad go but £5m for Hendrick would be difficult to turn down

​I maybe a tad harsh but you can count on your fingers the stand out performances. I agree he was much improved the back end of last season but he's gone backwards this one. We could reject bids and he unlocks his potential week in week out, personally id cash in.

​I'd cash in too.

My point was merely regarding the fact that despite a relatively poor season by his standards, he's still a very good player with the potential to be even better.

​I think maybe we watched different games that day... That match was basically the Will Hughes show... He dictated the game from start to finish... the most complete display I've seen from him... I mean it helped that the entire team was sublime that day...

Have to say I'd be gutted to see any of the squad go but £5m for Hendrick would be difficult to turn down

​Hendrick dominated, Hughes was good but Hendrick reinforced his performance with the end product as well. Performance of the season from any player.

​Hendrick dominated, Hughes was good but Hendrick reinforced his performance with the end product as well. Performance of the season from any player.

​If by 'end product' you mean he scored... You'd better check the first scorer that day...

The biggest problem for me is that he's unable to play in a two man midfield. Not to mention how weak he is in a tackle despite his size. 

You look at Arter and Surman this season, two players of similar style, then compare to Hendrick who probably is technically better than both. They're athletes who come deep for the ball and offer a threat in attack too.

Hendrick is technically very good. Not on Dawkins, Thorne, Hughes level but he's still very good. 

Where he lets himself down is both his fitness and concentration. He spends at least 30 minutes most games standing on the periphery of the action when he should be in the thick of it. 

There is a £5m player in there to coach out, but it's going to take some very intense training and I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw it over a good period of time. 

Not to mention how weak he is in a tackle despite his size. 

​This has annoyed me for a while now... 

Saturday he kept getting knocked off the ball by Norwood... Who's a good 3 inches smaller and not any wider or stronger than Hendrick...

His goals are the only thing that has masked how average he is. Millwall is the prime example you didn't even know he was on the pitch until he pops up with a wonder strike. You could argue goals win games and he is a good asset to have, but a CM cant go missing as much as Jeff does.

​This is the thing. When on form a very good player and often pops up with a goal, however so does Bryson. 

The amount of games Hendrick goes missing in, or has minimal impact on is crazy considering the talent the lad clearly has. £5million if true, is a lot for that type of player.

​If by 'end product' you mean he scored... You'd better check the first scorer that day...

​I deliberately didn't say scored because I realise Hughes scored the opening goal. By end product, I mean his final ball through to attackers, also his movement was far superior to Hughes. Just watch the 4th goal as an example of pass and move; Hendrick creates the goal and then aptly finishes.

Hendrick managed to get 9 goals and about as many assists. Despite a poor season. He has been responsible for loosing possession too often too which lead to us conceding. If someone wants to have him for a few million I would take it. More money for the pot. I think people should be very happy in regards to who we will sign. 

Anyone thinking for a second that Hendrick is worth more than 5m is wearing some proper rose tinted specs after drinking a bottle of Rosé while lying in a bed of roses.

If we sell him for more than 5m I promise you all I'll video myself eating my own Richard the 3rd after a particularly authentic curry from an Allenton kebab house.

​I deliberately didn't say scored because I realise Hughes scored the opening goal. By end product, I mean his final ball through to attackers, also his movement was far superior to Hughes. Just watch the 4th goal as an example of pass and move; Hendrick creates the goal and then aptly finishes.

​It was a moment of brilliance... But that for me is Hendrick vs Hughes... Hendrick has moments... Hughes has games...

Hendrick's problem in my humble opinion is that he tries to play too many quick, first touch, or difficult passes without the requisite control. I don't really think he has a football brain, but I agree when the lad is on it he can be a very good footballer.  However, for £5million I would snap your hand off. As for replacement, I don't know enough about Villa but Westwood would give you really good defensive cover but I think, and I am not ITK, Mac really rates Omar and I would not be surprised at all if he had a more advanced role in our midfield next season.

Anyone thinking for a second that Hendrick is worth more than 5m is wearing some proper rose tinted specs after drinking a bottle of Rosé while lying in a bed of roses.

If we sell him for more than 5m I promise you all I'll video myself eating my own Richard the 3rd after a particularly authentic curry from an Allenton kebab house.

​not really. Is any player worth anything? You have to look at the market.

Is Hendrick at this moment, better or worse than Fabian Delph in a struggling 3rd division Leeds team?

Just remember that old cliche about form and class, which one is temporary and which is permanent. 

Hendrick needs a good rest, a regroup, and a restart. I for one think he's potentially worth way more than £5m, and to cash in on him so cheaply is quitting/giving in. 

He needs to be properly coached again, and to get to the next level of development, cos in real terms, he's still a kid learning the game.

​not really. Is any player worth anything? You have to look at the market.

Is Hendrick at this moment, better or worse than Fabian Delph in a struggling 3rd division Leeds team?

Just remember that old cliche about form and class, which one is temporary and which is permanent. 

Hendrick needs a good rest, a regroup, and a restart. I for one think he's potentially worth way more than £5m, and to cash in on him so cheaply is quitting/giving in. 

He needs to be properly coached again, and to get to the next level of development, cos in real terms, he's still a kid learning the game.

Delph was 18, though, not 23. 

Plus, after watching him against us in the league cup, it was obvious what potential he had. He absolutely bossed us. 

Leeds had a great team that year. Delph, Johnson, Howson, Gradel and Snodgrass. 

Delph and Snodgrass stood out for me. I have absolutely no idea how we won that game - it was the biggest injustice win I have since aside from Ipswich's win against us last season. 

​amazes me how good players become once they've left. Huddlestone did nothing in a Derby shirt. Never scored, never created and didn't really put himself about. He was never physical, and was quite frustrating. His contribution was less than Hendrick, having NEVER won us points.

Ridiculously harsh and over simplified.

Huddlestone still doesn't score or directly create, mainly because he's a deep lying midfielder. Also remember he played centre half plenty of times that season. 

To say he did 'nothing in a Derby shirt' is just flat out factually incorrect. He was part of a very good attacking, footballing team.

Admittedly he was frustrating, and still is, cos he's got so much ability. Been pretty poor this season by all accounts as well. 

Archived