Hendrick - Aston Villa

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen this on twitter. Don't know how reliable he is.

Malte L. Nørgaard ‏@MalteLNorgaard  27m27 minutes ago
Aston Villa are closing in on Jeff Hendrick from Derby County.

​Good spot. Possibly a swap deal? Always thought we'd end up selling Hughes, but should keep Jeff who could become our Steven Gerrard. He has the drive and ability to score. But if we're keeping one, it's Hughes every time. Plus we have Bryson and Thorne and a lot of very good U21s champing at the bit.

Would prefer to keep hold of Jeff, and sign Lowton and Weimann for the relatively cheap fee they could go for, considering Sherwood's stance on them. Having said that, if we were offered both Lowton and Weimann and a few million I'd bite their hand off!

We'd need to get in a replacement for Hendrick if he did go - Cairney?

​How about Chalobah on loan from Chelsea maybe?

​Hanson, Guy, Koblenz and Bunjaku are all on the cusp and could become very good midfielders, but need to be given a chance at some point. The U21s played a lot of lovely stuff last season. I think having them as backup to a midfield of Hughes, Thorne, Bryson and Dawkins would be pretty strong. Chalobah had one decent season a few years ago and I'd say has gone backwards. Being officially a Chelsea player (even if you'll never play for them) can lead to attitude problems.

Hanson, Guy, Koblenz and Bunjaku are all on the cusp and could become very good midfielders, but need to be given a chance at some point. The U21s played a lot of lovely stuff last season. I think having them as backup to a midfield of Hughes, Thorne, Bryson and Dawkins would be pretty strong. Chalobah had one decent season a few years ago and I'd say has gone backwards. Being officially a Chelsea player (even if you'll never play for them) can lead to attitude problems.

​Having watched them several times, i think all 4 are a distance away from our first team. 

As good as they may look in the U21s, playing all 4 in the same midfield in a Championship game wouldn't end well for us. I think the step up for many is probably a huge amount more than people realise, remember Callum Ball? Scoring for fun in the 21s but struggled in a similar role in the first team. 

​How about Chalobah on loan from Chelsea maybe?

​I know we laughed at him when he was at the Florists, but he always makes mincemeat of us. Going to be a really good player, I think.

​Hanson, Guy, Koblenz and Bunjaku are all on the cusp and could become very good midfielders, but need to be given a chance at some point. The U21s played a lot of lovely stuff last season. I think having them as backup to a midfield of Hughes, Thorne, Bryson and Dawkins would be pretty strong. Chalobah had one decent season a few years ago and I'd say has gone backwards. Being officially a Chelsea player (even if you'll never play for them) can lead to attitude problems.

:blink: Could you please enlighten me?

Product of our Academy. He's contributed enormously to the team over the years, and if we can sell him on for a tiny profit and improve our squad in other areas, then we've done our job well. That's the point of bringing young players through the system. They leave better off, and so do we.

Product of our Academy. He's contributed enormously to the team over the years, and if we can sell him on for a tiny profit and improve our squad in other areas, then we've done our job well. That's the point of bringing young players through the system. They leave better off, and so do we.

​Assume that was 'tidy'

As good as they may look in the U21s, playing all 4 in the same midfield in a Championship game wouldn't end well for us. I think the step up for many is probably a huge amount more than people realise, remember Callum Ball? Scoring for fun in the 21s but struggled in a similar role in the first team. 

​Do not let B4 hear you slagging off his favourite player!!  Unless you want tetsudo-ing to death...

Archived