Hendrick - Aston Villa

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridiculously harsh and over simplified.

Huddlestone still doesn't score or directly create, mainly because he's a deep lying midfielder. Also remember he played centre half plenty of times that season. 

To say he did 'nothing in a Derby shirt' is just flat out factually incorrect. He was part of a very good attacking, footballing team.

Admittedly he was frustrating, and still is, cos he's got so much ability. Been pretty poor this season by all accounts as well. 

Huddlestone was named in the PFA Team of the Year in his last season here.

He's always been appreciated by other players for his passing.

I'll admit, I thought he was okay but never thought he was special - certainly never the same level as Hughes or even Holmes back in the day. 

lots of people are assuming it would be £5 million plus one of their players.

The way I interpret it is that it would be one of their players plus enough cash to take the overall value to £5 million.

For example if we got a villa player worth 2 million. It would be that player and 3 million in cash to take it up to 5 million. Not one of their players and £5 million on top of that as well. 

I'd definitely take £5million.

Jeff's a decent player but a complimentary one. He's not vital to how we play and we wouldn't miss him much if he was out injured. 5 million could buy us a key centre-half or help us retain a key player like Hughes. 

lots of people are assuming it would be £5 million plus one of their players.

The way I interpret it is that it would be one of their players plus enough cash to take the overall value to £5 million.

For example if we got a villa player worth 2 million. It would be that player and 3 million in cash to take it up to 5 million. Not one of their players and £5 million on top of that as well. 

I read it as £5m + player. There were figures of £8m bandied about for Hendrick at the end of last season, I think that was a Villa rumour too.

£5 million + Westwood (hopefully)

To quote lock stock and two smoking barrels: ''it's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the ******* century.''  

In fact, what about Gary Gardner - he's been outstanding for the doggies down the road.

This is an academy product with 9 goals and 9 assists this season, including our goal of the season, he's not as average as some might think. While I really like Jeff, he's excellent on his day, I'd be tempted to sell him to Villa for a decent fee and a player in return.

But, bare in mind, 5 million aint what it used to be. You could technically couldn't even buy half a Ross McCormack with that dosh.

​you couldnt buy 2 Ross McCormacks either

I expect all the young totty in birmingham will be getting themselves ready just in case.

What is this story about Jeff being a ladies man? I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole me.

£5 million + Westwood (hopefully)

To quote lock stock and two smoking barrels: ''it's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the ******* century.''  

In fact, what about Gary Gardner - he's been outstanding for the doggies down the road.

"If it doesn't work out at Villa, I love this club," he said

Sickening!

The overuse of the word 'love' so now it means absolutely nothing, that is.

Huge fan of Jeff but £5million is an excellent deal. Reckon they'll take Bryson as well?

They can have Bryson but not Jeff though. 

That sort of money would be hard to turn down.  You could get some real quality for that sort of cash if you search around.

I'd also take Senderos in a heartbeat - at this level he'd be dominant.

Senderos is a right donkey - always had a good laugh when he played for Arsenal

Archived