Hendrick - Aston Villa

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Jeff, ou only physical presence in midfield without thorne, no he hasn't as a great season but one bad sesdon doesnt make a bad player, he's young as well

5million quid would be hard to turn down though, although if a player/cash combo of probably be about 2-3million cash then the rest a payer, direct repacent or a good defender? Dunno, doubt they could use bent since it's likely he won't be under contract 

I like Jeff, ou only physical presence in midfield without thorne, no he hasn't as a great season but one bad sesdon doesnt make a bad player, he's young as well

5million quid would be hard to turn down though, although if a player/cash combo of probably be about 2-3million cash then the rest a payer, direct repacent or a good defender? Dunno, doubt they could use bent since it's likely he won't be under contract 

​the one thing Jeff ISN'T is a physical presence! You could believe he was 5'3" and 8 stone for the way he doesn't put himself about a bit.

£5million :lol: Sherwood has lost the plot! Daylight robbing themselves at that price. If true take and run very fast!

If its a loan deal on top Grealish would be a decent lad to have, seems to be around the first team at the minute though so highly unlikely.

remember though, if Jordan Henderson was worth £20m a couple of years ago, in relative terms, Hendrick has got to be worth £12m-£16m.

Sure, his performances have been short of quality in recent months, but he's still got that quality there somewhere.

Hendrick is better for us than say Tom Huddlestone ever was. 

Derby fans find it too easy to dismiss players.

remember though, if Jordan Henderson was worth £20m a couple of years ago, in relative terms, Hendrick has got to be worth £12m-£16m.

Sure, his performances have been short of quality in recent months, but he's still got that quality there somewhere.

Hendrick is better for us than say Tom Huddlestone ever was. 

Derby fans find it too easy to dismiss players.

​Disagree, Huddlestone was 10x the player and I would take him back in a heart beat.

This is an academy product with 9 goals and 9 assists this season, including our goal of the season, he's not as average as some might think. While I really like Jeff, he's excellent on his day, I'd be tempted to sell him to Villa for a decent fee and a player in return.

But, bare in mind, 5 million aint what it used to be. You could technically couldn't even buy half a Ross McCormack with that dosh.

His goals are the only thing that has masked how average he is. Millwall is the prime example you didn't even know he was on the pitch until he pops up with a wonder strike. You could argue goals win games and he is a good asset to have, but a CM cant go missing as much as Jeff does.

​Disagree, Huddlestone was 10x the player and I would take him back in a heart beat.

​amazes me how good players become once they've left. Huddlestone did nothing in a Derby shirt. Never scored, never created and didn't really put himself about. He was never physical, and was quite frustrating. His contribution was less than Hendrick, having NEVER won us points.

Its a long time ago and my memory isn't all that, but he stood out for me the year we made the playoffs. I thought he was one of the best passers of the ball id seen for some years and remember him being physical due to his size. He'd flourish in this side even more.

Archived