Hendrick - Aston Villa

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really know what to make of Hendrick. I'd agree with the general view on here that he's either brilliant or awful, though. Before he dislocated his shoulder vs Ipswich he was easily our best performing player but when he came back he struggled to get up to speed. Ever since then he's been too stop and start. 

Also, he doesn't seem to have a 'style' or whatever you want to call it. By that I mean he's not a technical player, he's not a tough tackler, he's not exactly a box to box midfielder and he's not a powerhouse, although he has the size to be one. I think he'd be more suited a Mick McCarthy type team, rather than a possession based side that depends on its players having superior technical ability. He does however have a very good finish on him and is very capable of scoring goals. That's just my view anyway.  

It does state a 5m cash & player deal doesn't it? So it's not necessarily £5mil cash AND a player but a total deal equaling what Villa think is £5mil. So whatever player they chuck in, adding however much on top of his value to reach £5mil.

Having a look at the Villa squad, the players I would take which are remotely realistic are:

Joe Cole

Ashley Westwood

Jack Grealish

Other than those, I can't see any other players who would possibly join us that would improve our starting XI

It does state a 5m cash & player deal doesn't it? So it's not necessarily £5mil cash AND a player but a total deal equaling what Villa think is £5mil. So whatever player they chuck in, adding however much on top of his value to reach £5mil.

Having a look at the Villa squad, the players I would take which are remotely realistic are:

Joe Cole

Ashley Westwood

Jack Grealish

Other than those, I can't see any other players who would possibly join us that would improve our starting XI

​Don't be silly, wouldnt even have a chance at Grealish on loan

​Don't be silly, wouldnt even have a chance at Grealish on loan

​That takes it down to two then, I wouldn't be much interested in any of their others. Would rather them just add what they value the player on top of the original sum.

​That takes it down to two then, I wouldn't be much interested in any of their others. Would rather them just add what they value the player on top of the original sum.

​Gary Gardner has been on loan at Forest, young centre mid. 

I think peoples opinion of Jeff is very harsh but £5m is an amount that can't be turned down.

If it happens I'd love to see him do well in the Prem and fly the flag for our academy! 

£5m for a player who struggles with the basics :lol: 

It would be a fantastic deal for us. I like the guy, but he can't play in a midfield two and he's been carried by the likes of Hughes and Thorne. Him alongside Bryson in a midfield two is a League One midfield.

Problem with Hendrick is too much to rectify in order to become a top player. He can't pass, his movement is poor, his football intelligence is as bad as Forsyth, he's weak in the tackle, he's clumsy etc.

No doubt he has good attributes, but he's very much a Lewis McGugan type. You think he's good, but on the face of it, he really is just average. 

Also whoever said Huddlestone did nothing in comparison? Hudds was a 16-year-old DM often playing at CB and he instigated plenty of attacks with accuate passing. 

With Hendrick, a lot of the time our attacks break down when he gets the ball because he has average ball control and is sloppy in possession. 

Also sorry Ambitious, but Surman is miles better technically.

All IMO of course.

£5m for a player who struggles with the basics :lol: 

It would be a fantastic deal for us. I like the guy, but he can't play in a midfield two and he's been carried by the likes of Hughes and Thorne. Him alongside Bryson in a midfield two is a League One midfield.

Problem with Hendrick is too much to rectify in order to become a top player. He can't pass, his movement is poor, his football intelligence is as bad as Forsyth, he's weak in the tackle, he's clumsy etc.

No doubt he has good attributes, but he's very much a Lewis McGugan type. You think he's good, but on the face of it, he really is just average. 

Also whoever said Huddlestone did nothing in comparison? Hudds was a 16-year-old DM often playing at CB and he instigated plenty of attacks with accuate passing. 

With Hendrick, a lot of the time our attacks break down when he gets the ball because he has average ball control and is sloppy in possession. 

Also sorry Ambitious, but Surman is miles better technically.

All IMO of course.

​This

To those who have said they'd bite Villa's hand off if they offered £5mil, and rightly so, what would be the lowest figure you would accept for him? What do you think is a fair price for Jeff?

Joe Cole

Ashley Westwood

Jack Grealish

​No.

To those who have said they'd bite Villa's hand off if they offered £5mil, and rightly so, what would be the lowest figure you would accept for him? What do you think is a fair price for Jeff?

We tend to place more value on what we already own, so that's a difficult question to answer.

I wouldn't sell Jeff for a £1million, but if we sign a £1million centre midfielder this summer, I'd expect him to have a much better season than Jeff.

Problem with Hendrick is .......He can't pass, his movement is poor, his football intelligence is as bad as Forsyth, he's weak in the tackle, he's clumsy etc.

No doubt he has good attributes....

Classic bris :D

Archived