Hendrick - Aston Villa

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​he was similar to Hendrick in the fact that he wasn't physical enough considering his actual size! But after he'd been sold to Spurs, and stayed on loan, he became less committed in my opinion. He was more "potential" than anything, would've liked to have kept him. But in my opinion Hendrick has contributed a hell of a lot more to Derby than Huddlestone ever did.

This is an academy product with 9 goals and 9 assists this season, including our goal of the season, he's not as average as some might think. While I really like Jeff, he's excellent on his day, I'd be tempted to sell him to Villa for a decent fee and a player in return.

But, bare in mind, 5 million aint what it used to be. You could technically couldn't even buy half a Ross McCormack with that dosh.

Or it could buy you a Michu or Xabi Alonso. A player is only worth how much someone is willing to pay, and Fulham were stupid paying that amount for Ross McCormack.

£5 million spent correctly should be able to buy us 3 very good championship players, one of which could replace Jeff (if an academy player couldn't already do that) and make us a stronger team.

Jeff's only problem is that he is inconsistent. There are games where he dominates, yet there are others which seem to pass him by. Perhaps he plays well when others do, and lacks that wherewithal to really lift those around him, but in my eyes when Derby are playing well, so is Jeff. Cause and effect? Possibly.

This story, or rather the supposed transfer fee associated with it, is one we will see many of over the next few months because of where we finished. The vultures are circling, and we are, at least in the eyes of the Press, easy targets. 

£5 million spent correctly should be able to buy us 3 very good championship players, one of which could replace Jeff (if an academy player couldn't already do that) and make us a stronger team.

Chris evans could get us ten Ryan Shotton's for that.

Or 8 Albentosa's. 

His goals are the only thing that has masked how average he is. Millwall is the prime example you didn't even know he was on the pitch until he pops up with a wonder strike. You could argue goals win games and he is a good asset to have, but a CM cant go missing as much as Jeff does.

​Take it you didn't attend the 2nd leg of the Play-Offs last year then?

Hendrick was nothing short of extraordinary that night, even outclassed Hughes. The back end of last season, Hendrick came into his element; he was scoring 30 yard wonder goals for fun and bossing the midfield.

It's a shame he never found that sort of form again this year, similarly to Bryson, but he's certainly capable and therefore easily worth £5 million considering his age.

Archived