Stephen Warnock

Bris Vegas

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard rumours he's on his way to Derby

You've actually heard rumours he's coming to Derby?

The reports I have seen merely suggest it's a top 6 club which would mean that we have 4 pages of speculation here for something with a possibility of a 16% chance.

There's a world of difference between 'a rumour he's on his way to Derby' than 'he's been linked with a top 6 club'.

You've actually heard rumours he's coming to Derby?

The reports I have seen merely suggest it's a top 6 club which would mean that we have 4 pages of speculation here for something with a possibility of a 16% chance.

There's a world of difference between 'a rumour he's on his way to Derby' than 'he's been linked with a top 6 club'.

Are you the chief of the rumour police? 

I'm making no claims on this one, just going off information that's all.

Are you the chief of the rumour police? 

I'm making no claims on this one, just going off information that's all.

No, I'm asking a question. Have you heard a rumour that Warnock is coming to Derby or have you heard a rumour that a top six club is interested in the player?

The distinction is clearly there and the difference is...well...everything really.

Your initial 'he's coming to Derby' maybe a trifle misleading.

No, I'm asking a question. Have you heard a rumour that Warnock is coming to Derby or have you heard a rumour that a top six club is interested in the player?

The distinction is clearly there and the difference is...well...everything really.

Based on the information, noises...etc It seems very likely that Warnock will be a Derby player by Saturday. I've had a snoop around and while nothing concrete has linked us, it's us who are the ones being talked about. 

We'll find out tomorrow, any how. One way or another. 

I'm going off noises that he's coming to Derby. Again, I'm not claiming anything

But I heard that it was Derby before the YEP published an article saying it was to a top six club.

We will find out more tomorrow, but I'm not in the know or anything like that so I wouldn't take it as a certainty. Rumours are rumours.

Type in Stephen Warnock Derby on Twitter and you'll find quite a few people making their own assumptions.

Well if this rumour is to be believed then Warnock certainly is a player that would fit the Derby mould.

A full back/wing back that likes to get forward and can supply the ammunition for Martin or Bent.

He's pretty good with a dead ball too.

After losing his way mid career, he's come back to be one of the most highly rated left sided players in the Championship and could definitely do a job probably ahead of Forsyth.

Not quite what I was expecting when I headed to Transfer Talk to see if there was any update on Albentosa. If the "top 6 championship club" was all there was to go on, my money would be on Ipswich having accepted an offer for Mings from the Prem and looking for a replacement.

Mac was quoted last week as saying we have been "overplaying" players in some positions, so LB always looked on the cards for a new face coming in. Would be sorry to see Forsyth lose his place though - seeing the Rams without him against Southport, for the first time in nearly two seasons, made me realise quite how good he has become at both ends of the pitch.

I'd be amazed if this happened.

I've spoken to a few people at the club who have all said that Steve McClaren likes his defenders to all be tall. He uses a zonal defensive sysytem where the full backs take responsibility for anything in the air in the their zone. The system is one of the reasons that Forsyth and Christie get some criticism from fans for not stopping crosses - but they are under instructions to hold position when defending and let the midfielders chase down the runners.

I believe that Warnock is about 5ft 10 - too short for McClaren. Add in his age and likely cost in wages and I'd say that this is extremely unlikely to have any substance.

We need cover at LB not a new LB. Forsyth is good enough, fact! 

The only concern I've had about him this season is he hasn't posed as much threat going forward as he did last season, but it looks like that's being rectified.

Our full backs are integral in our style of play, hence why teams have chosen to try and nullify them this season. As a result people are now saying Forsyth is poor? Obviously opposition think differently as they are clearly threatened by their forward movement.

In a game where we are going to be under more pressure then maybe a more solid, defensive minded LB might be a good option. But in the majority of games where we should be dominating Forsyth stays in!

Archived