Stephen Warnock

Bris Vegas

I'm not a fan of Forysth, never really have been. His distribution is piss poor. Fine defensively but doesn't do enough in my opinion. Would prefer someone experienced of this ilk

Forsyth is better in every way, for me. Having watched Warnock a number of times, admittedly most coming last year, I had him down as a bomb scare.

He was woeful last season. He's improved this season, but I still wouldn't put him on the level of Forsyth. Although, I do think Warnock does have some attributes we need. 

Forsyth will be number one, still. I have no doubts about that. 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the game at the iPro, which is why I said I was relieved. I'm sure he did something decent prior to going off, but could be my head. 

He was great against us at Elland Road, though. Russell and Ibe couldn't get any change out of him.

Tbh i think you did imagine it.

This only makes sense if naylor is going.

Why sign a 34 year old full back in the summer only to sign a 33 year old six months later?

He earns 20k a week at Leeds apparently. No way would we pay a backup player that amount of money!

Having said that, we're paying Bent around that, but I think it's a bit different with him. So the above still stands.

Didn't he injure Russell in the home game last season? Just kept kicking our players near the end when we were running down the clock. I wouldn't want him here, always thought he was a dirty sausage and be high wages for a back up LB.

Didn't he injure Russell in the home game last season? Just kept kicking our players near the end when we were running down the clock. I wouldn't want him here, always thought he was a dirty sausage and be high wages for a back up LB.

I think you are right.

Reminds me of signing eddie lewis.

Got note against Warnock. Have no real clue as to his ability to fit into our system or not but i hope its not true.

I felt a little bit of me died when we signed Best. Feel the same with Bent. I know its just me and i don't expect anyone to agree but highly paid players in their late 20's early 30's are not what we need. We've been there and done that.

Our team spirit is what gives us the edge. Spoil that and we could well sausage up a potentially brilliant season.

I'm not saying Bent (or Warnock, if true) are the type of characters who won't fit with the squad, i just don't know.

It scares me. 

Still have nightmares over Ravanelli...... 

Assuming this happens then if he's brought in on high wages I've got no doubt that he'll actually compete for that LB slot. It wouldn't be a formality like it is now, Fozzy has had plenty of off days this season and the lack of competition has ensured his position is safe regardless.

I'd call Lee Naylor a "back-up". Stephen Warnock would be much more than that.

I would say Warnock is a 6/10 player, currently playing at 7/10. 

I hope - think -  we won't spend big on wages though. We have no need. 

It's a funny one. Without knowing the figures, I guess we get a player bang in-form with experience for an important run in. However, if he's on big money then it's a head scratcher. 

Archived