Stephen Warnock

Bris Vegas

He's been their best player this season, according to their fans. 

I knew he had improved, but it sounds like he's having a good season. I would have hated this 12 months ago, because he was ****, but against us on both occasions he was good. In fact, I was relieved when he went off in our home game. 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sad for anyone who think Forsyth is a better left back than Warnock. This could be the steadying left back that prevents us from losing another game this season.

Even though we won v Ipswich, it was clear that they'd identified our wide areas as a weakness, and tried loads of times down our left side. 

Warnock is a good defensive professional. Calm, experienced and able. Exactly what we are lacking at either full back position.

Forsyth, and whether he deserves a shirt somewhere else on the pitch, is a different conversation.

I think he is a bag of sausage and his wages will be sky high. It's obviously ****** as ssewankambo is coming in and he'll probably be first team material in a year's time.

Firstly Ssewankambo is a RB CB or CDM not Left Back and there is no guarantee he will be ready for the first team in a years time.

One positive to take regardless is how quick we're going about our business - fantastic! Brilliant planning. We could have completed all our signings before mid Jan! 5 players!

Yeah but just for once, don't you want an exciting deadline day?

I feel sad for anyone who think Forsyth is a better left back than Warnock. This could be the steadying left back that prevents us from losing another game this season.

Even though we won v Ipswich, it was clear that they'd identified our wide areas as a weakness, and tried loads of times down our left side. 

Warnock is a good defensive professional. Calm, experienced and able. Exactly what we are lacking at either full back position.

Forsyth, and whether he deserves a shirt somewhere else on the pitch, is a different conversation.

Ipswich can identify the wide areas as a weakness if they want but they weren't and haven't been for a while.

Forsyth even though he hasn't been as good going forward this season compared to last season and gives the ball away more has still been very solid defensively on his wing.

As you say they kept trying to get past him on the left but crucially they didn't and we limited them to long balls over the top to the CB's.

Not to mention the amount of headers he won in the box against Ipswich on Saturday.

You can say Warnock is better than Forsyth. He probably is on balance but there is no way Warnock would win any headers if he came, he is tiny.

Now we have Christie instead of Wisdom we don't need Forsyth bombing on as much as last season.

Warnock, if he does come in, could be better than Forsyth yes but to say that Forsyth is a weakness defensively is harsh in my opinion.

He's been their best player this season, according to their fans. 

I knew he had improved, but it sounds like he's having a good season. I would have hated this 12 months ago, because he was sausage, but against us on both occasions he was good. In fact, I was relieved when he went off in our home game.

H was subbed after 8 minutes?

H was subbed after 8 minutes?

Yeah the game at the iPro, which is why I said I was relieved. I'm sure he did something decent prior to going off, but could be my head. 

He was great against us at Elland Road, though. Russell and Ibe couldn't get any change out of him.

Not sure what I think...

If he was to come i like the sound of the contract to the end of the season with an option of an extra year.

However if he's on huge wages then i'll pass.

I'd rather this was Brentford making this move.

Archived