George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

I'm with you there ambitious, i called it on here the day he signed and said when he gets a game Eustace wont get another sniff this season. He's a top top player and his passing range is phenomenal. That pass against Huddersfield was sublime 

But you don't know the reason he wasn't picked from the start. Maybe match fitness, Eustace playing well, effort in training etc

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But you don't know the reason he wasn't picked from the start. Maybe match fitness, Eustace playing well, effort in training etc

I think he was doing it for loyalty to Eustace, he would have been pretty miffed if he was dropped straight away when Thorne came in, which i have no problem with as it shows loyalty to the players if you are playing well you will keep your place, just like Thorne has done since Eustace picked up his suspension

With this management its been the case that if you're in the team, you're in it, unless you do something ridiculous, or out of your control (suspensions/injuries). 

Players that have come into the team as a result are the same, not dropped as soon as the original comes back available.

Yes, but Needles, Reid is 31 (stone and age) and Vaughan is also 31.

Whereas, Thorne is 21, Hughes is 19 and Bryson is 27.

I agree to be fair, I wouldn't swap their lads for ours. Lansbury has been promoted twice and sold twice straight after. That says to me that he's limited in the David Jones mould of not being able to quite make the step up. Good Championship player. Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson may all prove to be better.

Thought his decision making was sluggish tonight along with a few others,but believe with a true and full pre-season behind him he would be even better than what we have seen from him so far during his time with us.

you canot have a realistic judgement on he boys tonight, they started the match knowing they where in the play offs

Archived