George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Thats the kind of logic that has lead to us having a threadbare squad for a few seasons.

Players thrive off competition for places. Keane could play left back so losing him means forsyth knows he will start every game for the rest of the season. We could do with a full back who can play either side. If freeman has a recall clause then maybe that covers it?

I read yesterday that Derby,would most likely be signing a "defender" in the emergency loan period,which I think starts next week

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

That Grant booking was a joke. He was fetching the ball, and he wasn't even doing it slowly.

exactly what I thought, just booked him for the sake of proving a point. 

It's not like he was walking to the ball, he was jogging. I sometimes hate the protection referees get, there really is no need. Bookings should be able to be rescinded, just like red cards and I'd be damned if that could be construed as time-wasting. 

exactly what I thought, just booked him for the sake of proving a point. 

It's not like he was walking to the ball, he was jogging. I sometimes hate the protection referees get, there really is no need. Bookings should be able to be rescinded, just like red cards and I'd be damned if that could be construed as time-wasting. 

Just before he went over to get the ball he held his hand out and told the ball boy not to get it after he had started to jog towards it. Think that might be what got him in the book.

Just before he went over to get the ball he held his hand out and told the ball boy not to get it after he had started to jog towards it. Think that might be what got him in the book.

The ball boy in front of the Toyota Stand got a good round of applause for 'accidentally' not throwing the ball to a QPR player.

Must have signed him from Swansea.

• 2 months later...

A point I never considered was that his contract was renewed by a different manager to the one he has now.

Although Mel was manager when the contract was given, he didn't award it. The contract had been in the pipeline ever since he did his ACL, providing he returned to fitness, and the contract was eventually awarded by the director of football, Mel had no doing in this.

Hope he stays, cracking player

Archived